Visitor Guidelines — Effective April 1, 2022
Wear a mask based on your personal preference, informed by your personal level of risk.
USGA Golf Museum and Library
77 Liberty Corner Road
Liberty Corner, New Jersey 07938
GPS — Far Hills, New Jersey 07938
The USGA Golf Museum and Library is located near the intersection of Interstate 78 and Interstate 287. The Museum is a 30-minute drive from Newark Liberty International Airport and approximately one hour from New York City.
Days/Hours of Operation
Open Tuesday to Sunday, 10 AM — 5 PM
Closed Mondays and major holidays (New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day).
The USGA Museum will be closed to visitors Saturday, August 27, 2022 for a private event.
We are also sometimes closed during normal business hours for special events and/or severe weather. Please contact the Museum ahead of time to ensure that the facility will be open during the time you plan to visit. To contact the USGA Museum, please call Karen Geppert at 908-326-1908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adults — $10
Seniors (62+ years) — $7
USGA Members — $5
Children (13-17 years) — $3.50
Children 12 and under — Free
Visitors will be able to purchase a USGA Membership onsite. The reduced admission fee for USGA Members and gift store discount will apply immediately. To become a USGA Member now, please click here.
The Museum and grounds are wheelchair accessible.
The Pynes Putting Course
The Pynes Putting Course, inspired by the Himalayas putting course in St. Andrews, Scotland, is a 16,000-square-foot green located on the lawn immediately behind the Museum. The green's undulating design offers a challenging and entertaining experience. It is named for Percy and Evelyn Pyne, who once resided on the property that is now USGA headquarters.
The Pynes Course is open from April through November during normal hours of operation, weather permitting. Visitors should allow 30 minutes to play the nine-hole course. The green fee is $5.
Putters are provided by the Museum and a souvenir golf ball is included with the green fee. Appropriate footwear is required—no high heels or heavy-soled boots will be permitted. For additional information, please contact Karen Geppert at 908-326-1908 or email email@example.com.
Putting Green Guidelines
- Face coverings will not be required while using the putting green unless physical distance from other groups cannot be maintained
- Front desk staff will provide visitors with putters, putting green balls and a scorecard and pencil to keep.
- Please place used putters in the bin marked “Unsanitized”. Used putters will be left outside during business hours and sanitized before next use.
For groups of 10 or more individuals, the Museum offers a guided tour, Tuesdays through Fridays during normal Museum hours, by experienced staff. To schedule a tour, please email Maggie Lagle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Museum gift shop offers a range of items to commemorate your visit. We offer books, U.S. Open logo apparel, souveniers and unique golf and museum-related gifts. USGA Members receive a member discount at the time of purchase with their member card.
Additional Visitor Information
- Strollers are permitted throughout the Museum.
- Restrooms are equipped with changing tables.
- Photography without flash is permitted in all the galleries. Flash photography, video, and the use of tripods are not permitted in the galleries.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking are not permitted in the galleries.
- Mobile phones must be turned off or set to a silent alert at all times. Please refrain from using mobile phones in the galleries.
- Please refrain from touching artifacts, artwork, and exhibition cases.
- Please see the following link for a floor plan of the Museum: USGA Golf Museum and Library Floor Plan.
Host Your Next Event at the Museum
The USGA Golf Museum is now available to host your party, meeting or conference. We offer a unique historical venue for your special event. Clients enjoy private access to the Museum and grounds as well as guided tours of the galleries. Our staff provides guidance, recommendations and creative ideas to tailor your event to your needs. For a personal tour or to discuss options for your event, please contact Karen Geppert at 908-326-1908 or email email@example.com.
Included with rental:
- Private guided tours by USGA Historian
- Use of Pynes Putting Course, including use of vintage replica clubs and choice of vintage golf ball souvenir
- Museum Welcome Ambassador