skip to main content

Ask a Rules of Handicapping Question

If you do not remember your Handicap ID (e.g., GHIN #), use THIS LINK to access a Handicap ID Lookup tool.

If you have a question regarding your account, such as how to renew your Handicap Index®, please contact your golf club or local Allied Golf Association (AGA). Your Handicap ID is provided through a golf club and your Allied Golf Association.

If you have a question about the Rules of Handicapping, see below for answers to Frequently Asked Questions, educational resources, as well as our contact information to reach out to us directly.


USGA Handicap Department:


Phone: (908) 234-2300 extension 5

Mailing Address
United States Golf Association
77 Liberty Corner Road
Liberty Corner, NJ 07938