2019 U.S. Amateur: Fan InfoPinehurst (N.C.) Resort & Country Club, Aug. 12-18
Monday, Aug. 12 (Round 1, 18 holes, stroke play) Play starts at 7:15 a.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 13 (Round 2, 18 holes, stroke play) Play starts at 7:15 a.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 14 (Round of 64, match play) Playoff for final spots in match play (if necessary) starts at 8 a.m., matches start at 10 a.m.
Thursday, Aug. 15 (Round of 32/Round of 16, match play) Play starts at 8:00 a.m.
Friday, Aug. 16 (Quarterfinals, match play) Matches start at 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 17 (Semifinals, match play) Matches start at 2:15 & 2:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 18 (Championship Match, 36 holes, match play) Play starts on Course No. 4 at 9 a.m. Continuation of championship match on Course No. 2 starts at 2:30 p.m.
The low 64 scorers from stroke play qualify for match play.
Public Parking is complimentary and is located at the Pinehurst Harness Track (200 Beulah Hill Road, Pinehurst, NC). A shuttle will pick up and drop off fans at the main gate.
Good-any-day tickets are available online at usamateur.com/tickets or at the main gate all week. Good Any Day tickets are $20.00 and an All Week Pass is $100.00, upgraded tickets to the Deuce Club begin at $250 and include food and drink Wednesday-Sunday.
Will Call: There is one Will Call located at the main gate at the Pinehurst Resort. Will Call will be open starting Sunday, August 11th and will open one-hour prior to the first tee time during the championship.
Junior Ticket Policy: Junior tickets (18 & Under) are complimentary with a ticketed adult.
Military Ticket Policy: Military tickets are complimentary through the support of R.Riveter and The Heritage Flag Company for all Active, Retired, and Veteran military personnel. The military ticket policy coverall all branches of service, including Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, National Guard, and Reserves. Military personnel need to bring their military identification and regular photo identification to Will Call to receive their complimentary ticket.
- Accessible parking spaces for all vehicles having appropriate HD/DP license plates or placards will be reserved at the public parking facility located at the Pinehurst Harness Track (200 Beulah Hill Road).
- A number of motorized scooters will be available at the Mobility Scooter Tent, located in the cart barn for fans with disabilities, on a first-come, first-served basis, compliments of the USGA and Pride Mobility.
- Accessible restrooms will be available at public restroom locations.
- Concessions and merchandise areas inside the Pinehurst Resort will be accessible.
If you observe the following guidelines, your experience at the U.S. Amateur Championship will be a more enjoyable one:
- Please stay behind gallery ropes and follow directions of championship marshals at all times.
- Be considerate of others and kneel or sit if you are in the front row of the gallery.
- Stay quiet and stand still when players are about to hit or when instructed by marshals.
- All mobile device volume controls must be set to silent or vibrate at all times.
- To ensure your safety at all times, walk carefully and never run.
- The U.S. Amateur involves substantial walking on grassy hills, dirt paths and other uneven surfaces. Please wear appropriate footwear such as sneakers.
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
- To provide protection from the sun, remember to wear sunscreen, hats and sunglasses. Please note that sunscreen in bottles and tubes, 3 ounces or less are permitted. Sunscreen in spray bottles and/or aerosol cans are not permitted.
Fans and other championship attendees will go through security screening prior to entering the championship grounds and will not be allowed to bring any of the items listed below. To help expedite admission into the championship, it is recommended that all prohibited items are safely stowed prior to arriving at the championship. Please be sure to read the following list of prohibited items carefully.
List of Prohibited Items
- No Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms or knives)
- No Explosives and/or Fireworks of any kind
- No Tablets and/or Computers (cellular mobile devices smaller than 7” are permitted, subject to mobile device policy)
- No Selfie Sticks
- No Cameras (point and shoot, film, or DSLR) or Video Cameras (other than Monday through Wednesday for personal use only)
- No Noise Producing Devices (including portable speakers)
- No Backpacks, Briefcases, Purses and/or Bags larger than 6"W x 6"H x 6"D in their natural state
Note: Transparent/clear plastic hand and shoulder bags no larger than 12”W x12”H x6”D are permitted.
- No Signs, Posters and/or Banners
- No Food and/or Beverages except for medical or infant needs
- No Containers, Coolers, Aerosol Cans and/or Spray Bottles except for medical or infant needs
Note: Personal care items (3-ounce size or less) and transparent/clear empty plastic water bottles (24-ounce size or less) are permitted.
- No Pets (other than service animals as defined by the ADA assisting disabled individuals)
- No Lawn Chairs and/or Oversized Chairs with Arms (compact chairs without arms are permitted with no case)
- No Ladders and/or Step Stools or other similar items
- No Bicycles allowed inside admission areas or on the championship grounds
- No other items deemed unlawful, dangerous or disruptive by the USGA and/or Championship Security Personnel, in their sole discretion
Note: The USGA reserves the right to amend the list of Prohibited Items at any time to provide a safe and secure championship.
To ensure a positive experience for all fans and players, the following code of conduct will be enforced at all times. Fans will be subject to expulsion and loss of ticket privileges for the following breaches of etiquette:
- Making rude, vulgar, or other inappropriate comments or gestures
- Verbal or physical harassment of players, volunteers, officials, or fans
- Yelling and/or distracting a player or any disruption of play or fan environment
- Inappropriate use of a mobile device
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, unsafe, or illegal in nature
- Failing to stay behind gallery ropes
- Refusal to follow the instructions of a championship official, volunteer, or security personnel
The USGA encourages fans to seek autographs, but asks that you respect each player’s complete focus on preparing and playing in the Championship. Please refrain from seeking autographs from the time a player is en route to his or her first tee until the completion of the player’s round. Violation of this policy may result in expulsion and loss of ticket privileges for the remainder of the championship.
The USGA will declare a suspension of play if any dangerous situation occurs on the property. Dangerous situations could apply to players, fans or both. Examples include lightning and/or severe weather in the immediate vicinity of the host club, security situation, safety conditions, etc. Suspension of play for a dangerous situation will be signaled by one-prolonged blast of an air horn. If lightning is detected, please avoid open areas, hilltops, high places, isolated trees, golf carts and wire fences, and seek shelter immediately. Play will resume as soon as conditions allow.
Please check local news, local radio stations and usopen.com for parking and traffic changes that could occur in the event of inclement weather.
The USGA encourages fans to capture their favorite moments at our championships and stay connected with family and friends while on site. We have set guidelines on mobile device usage to ensure our players and other fans are not distracted or disrupted during the championship. Fans may carry mobile devices smaller than 7” in length and/or height; however, please make sure all device volume controls are set to “silent” or “vibrate” and flash photography is disabled prior to entering the championship gate. “Phone calls must not be received or placed in any area that may disrupt play. Photography, video and audio recording are permitted throughout the course, but content must not be used for commercial purposes. Live streaming or shot-by-shot coverage of any player (with our without video) is not permitted at any time throughout championship week.
Conducting a global championship for the best golfers in the world is our primary focus. Violation of any of the above policies may result in immediate expulsion and loss of ticket privileges for the remainder of the championship.
Merchandise will be available in the Golf Shop at Pinehurst Resort. A wide variety of apparel and commemorative items will be available for purchase.