Title: 2019 IMPACT Marketing Intern (Summer)
Location: USGA Headquarters, Liberty Corner, NJ
Position Timeframe: May through August, 2019
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf? As an intern on the Marketing Team, you will have the unique opportunity to learn how the USGA operates as a brand. You will also have the opportunity to get hands on experience with a variety of projects - from supporting our championships to helping us develop programs that support the health of the game.
This IMPACT Internship will also feature a Professional Development focus where will have an opportunity to participate in Panel Discussions (Leadership & Former Interns), learn more about our broader organization by being exposed to "Day in the Life of" job overviews, participating in community service and social activities, and the opportunity to complete and present a capstone project for senior leaders and management.
What you can expect:
- Cross-functional exposure to the USGA and our strategy & approach towards customer communications
- Exposure to all aspects of the USGA and the role of the “Marketing team”
- Opportunity to learn more about various marketing channels (OOH, Print, Email, Direct mail, Social Media, etc.)
- Specific responsibilities to include work across the Open Championships (U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open, U.S. Senior Open, U.S. Senior Women’s Open), in addition to other USGA Programs (i.e. PLAY9, Handicapping, Rules)
What you bring to the USGA:
- Current junior or senior in college, or Grad student
- Strong organizational, planning, communication, presentation and written skills
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Proficient in creating presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Collaborative approach tackling group projects
- Knowledge of different advertising mediums and social marketing platforms
- Interest in golf/sports preferred
Please click on the following link to apply: IMPACT Marketing Intern (Summer)
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.