From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The Major Gift Officer is a front-line fundraising professional responsible for the management of a portfolio of prospects who have the potential to support the USGA’s mission with gifts of $50,000 or more. Prospect management includes qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding prospects and donors. Prospect relationships are developed around matching donor interests with the strategic priorities of the USGA. The Major Gift Officer develops an annual work plan, visit and solicitation goals in conjunction with the Director of Development and prepares reports on activities. This individual will travel extensively to develop and strengthen prospect relationships.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Manage a portfolio of 100-120 major gift prospects with giving capacity of $50,000 or more, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors
- In conjunction with Director of Development, establish annual goals for visits, solicitations and dollars raised.
- Develop strategies, prepare proposals and materials including written documentation for accurate gift recording, acknowledgments and reporting;
- Consistently enter information into USGA’s CRM database to maintain integrity of information relevant to assigned prospects
- Engages with prospects in in relation to USGA championship locations each year
- Devote adequate time to proper planning of trips to maximize solicitation. Record contacts in a timely and accurate fashion. Work collaboratively with units across the USGA to match donor interests with projects that are approved, strategic priorities.
- Engage with volunteers and donors in activities ranging from recruitment to training. Engage volunteers and USGA committees as a network of major gift referrals and connections.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE USGA:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree with 5-7 years of experience as a front-line fundraiser for a major organization
- Demonstrated ability to create and cultivate relationships with a variety of prospects.
- Strong working knowledge of planned giving concepts and vehicles.
- Proven track record of successful personal solicitation
- Superior communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential
- Interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to display consistent initiative that reflects creative and innovative thinking
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Please click on the following link to apply: Major Gift Officer
Liberty Corner, NJ
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer