JOB TITLE: Director of Communications & Marketing
REPORTS TO: Executive Director/CEO, Mass Golf
STATUS: Regular/exempt, full-time employee
START DATE: Immediate
APP DEADLINE: Monday, February 4th @ 4pm EST
POSITION LOCATION: Golf House in Norton, MA. Travel within the state (and region on occasion) is required.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the management, oversight, strategy, direction and delivery of Mass Golf’s communications and marketing operations and programs to help promote and support the mission and vision of the organization. The Director leads a dedicated staff and supporting committee to help develop, plan and execute the organization’s activities and services as we aim to advance golf in Massachusetts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage, direct and lead all communications and marketing initiatives of Mass Golf and, including but not limited to:
- Developing and executing a comprehensive communications and marketing plan for the association that includes daily scheduling of website updates, event coverage, e-mail distribution, social media postings and marketing.
o Inclusive of Mass Golf, The First Tee of Massachusetts, The Links at Mass Golf and other local industry initiatives.
o Inclusive of additional relationship and project management oversight with outside consultants/agencies.
- Lead, develop and support Association’s Patron and Sponsorship initiatives to retain current partners and expand future relationships.
- Responsible for all AP Style written communication for Mass Golf/affiliated events which may include previews, player/host club storylines, daily recaps, summaries and results. Coverage also includes posting to website, social media oversight and distribution to local/regional media.
o Inclusive of local, regional and national events.
- Develop and highlight human interest story ideas, and execute on those ideas in order to showcase Mass Golf members, member clubs and affiliates.
- Oversee and support the design and creation of promotional materials including e-mail blasts, signage, banners, logos/marks and collateral pieces in support of Mass Golf’s brand, values, mission and vision.
- Manage and direct the MassGolfer magazine which includes overseeing all editorial content, managing the outside publishing group and print house and being responsible for distribution, etc.
- Manage and direct special events and projects for the Association and Local/Regional Affiliates.
o Inclusive of the Champions Dinner, Hall of Fame Gala, Economic Impact Studies and State Days and Local Expos.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication (written, verbal and PR skills), fiscal management and managerial skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic/organizational skills and manage a series of projects with multiple teams/groups.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to the goals and philosophy of Mass Golf.
- Charismatic, personable, and motivational in working with colleagues, volunteers and industry representatives.
- Occasional overnight travel throughout the state/New England and to local, regional, national meetings and/or conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- 4-6 years of related communications/marketing experience.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of and passion for the sport of golf is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Products
- Experience with Content Management Systems and HTML/CSS
- Experience with E-mail Marketing Software
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Golf Administration/Event Management Systems – GHIN Software & Products, Golf Genius/USGA TM
- Experience with Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits package available including Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid time off and 401(k) plan
- Cell phone and travel expense reimbursement
- Mass Golf staff apparel provided
Please send cover letter, resume, references and salary expectations/rationale to:
Jesse Menachem | Executive Director/CEO | Mass Golf | firstname.lastname@example.org