- Ensure that all facilities approved by the Authorized Association for handicap purposes have a Course Rating and Slope Rating for all applicable sets of tees, determined in accordance with the Course Rating System.
Ratings must also include all temporary or permanent course modifications advised by affiliated golf clubs/course owners.
- Use the Course Rating software application to calculate and issue all Course Ratings and Slope Ratings.
- Maintain records of all Course Ratings undertaken within its jurisdiction.
- Establish a Course Rating Review Committee.
- Establish access to fully trained course raters (including team leaders) to conduct all required Course Ratings and re-ratings.
- Determine the eligible period when preferred lies may be in operation for acceptable scores to be posted.
- Establish the start and end dates of any inactive season within relevant areas of its jurisdiction.
- Have a verifiable course measurement for each set of tees with a Course Rating over which authorized formats are to be played.
- Inform the Authorized Association of any significant course alterations, particularly length changes and introduction of penalty areas, that could affect issued Course Ratings and Slope Ratings.
- Ensure that all acceptable scores are played from tees that have a Course Rating and Slope Rating, as defined within the Course Rating System.
- Maintain their golf course(s) in a manner consistent with the conditions presented when the Course Rating(s) were conducted.
- Display a Course Handicap and Playing Handicap adjustment table for each set of tees, for players’ reference.
- Ensure that the posting of all acceptable scores is suspended in the event that course conditions are exceptionally poor.
Prior to implementing, the golf club must first obtain approval from the appropriate Authorized Association.
- Ensure the golf course is marked in accordance with the Rules of Golf.