Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The Product Manager, Digital Media will be a part of the USGA’s Global Content and Media Distribution (GCMD) team and will assist with the strategy and ongoing implementation of USGA digital media initiatives, with a particular focus on usga.org and the U.S. Open suite of products. This position will also manage quality control of all products, continually seek opportunities for improvement to ensure operational excellence and optimal user experience, and manage digital execution of gaming and corporate partnerships.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Support Director, Digital Media and UX in project management of largescale digital initiatives
- Ownership of key engagements (Rules of Golf app) tied to the organizations overall strategic plan
- Help manage vendors to ensure design, development and on-site operations align with scope of work and requirements
- Improve USGA's digital products by managing the quality, design and functionality in order to enhance the user experience, specifically reporting on bugs and inaccuracies
- Proactively engage with business owners to ensure digital goals and objectives are being met and are optimized for each channel
- Support consistent user experience throughout all digital properties to effectively build the USGA brand and drive engagement with golf fans
- Assist the Director, Digital Media and UX in creation and management of first ever USGA Fan Council; a community of USGA fans and golf enthusiasts who will have the opportunity to provide opinions/feedback on USGA digital features, experiences and new products
- Research and monitor digital products for various events taking place in the sports industry & prepare comprehensive decks that can be used as a resource for USGA digital media strategic planning
- Drive and help execute the organization’s SEO strategy via management of Brightedge, the USGA’s SEO platform
- Identify content gaps to target, emerging trends and opportunities; create status reports, communicate any potential blockers, resource challenges, and/or changes in timelines
- Work closely with content and development teams to implement changes and drive growth
- Conduct training sessions and/or presentations to ensure alignment of SEO across the organization
- Pro-actively monitor all SEO related activities
- Corporate Partners
- Work with the corporate partnerships team to build digital activation plans; manage timelines, creative approval process and execution
- Ensure delivery of digital metrics, screen-shots and other information needed for partner recaps
- Manage the relationship with the USGA’s gaming partner, Top Golf Media (aka World Golf Tour); deliver assets against deadlines, test each iteration of game for quality assurance and brand consistency, coordinate prizing and winner outreach
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of relevant digital media or product management experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task several time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail, internal and external customer focused.
- Digital savvy with knowledge and comfort of the evolving landscape.
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to work effectively in partnerships both internally and externally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of golf and the role of the USGA is a plus.
Please click on the following link to apply: Product Manager, Digital Media
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer