Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The Assistant Manager will assist with all Championship and Qualifying Equipment & Materials and be responsible for the in-house administration of two USGA Championships.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Responsible for the in-house administration of two USGA Championships including application and exemption preparation, qualifying site selection, communications with players and officials. Work closely with the respective Championship Staff in Charge (SIC) to produce Exemplary Championships
- Assist Equipment Manager with all championship and qualifying equipment and materials including but not limited to: Inventory of equipment, purchasing new equipment as needed, obtain price quotes, communicate with vendors, create purchase orders, trace lost and delayed shipments, and compile player names for personalized materials such as caddie strips, bag tags and standard headers.
- Respond to and/or disseminate phone and email inquiries from players, officials and the public as they pertain to entry process, transfer, withdrawals, qualifying results, etc.
- Assist with Mailings
- Assist with departmental activities and projects as assigned
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of overall professional experience
- Tournament administration experience and knowledge required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Data Management.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships within the State & Regional Golf Association community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, detail oriented, well organized, and ability to be a team player.
Please click on the following link to apply: Assistant Manager, Championship Administration
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer