Strategy & Planning
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior technical management, technology team, and business owners. Ensure strategy is in alignment with the priorities of the USGA strategic plan, including clearly defined success indicators.
- Schedule project timelines and milestones, implement use of appropriate monitoring tools, and provide clear estimates for people and financial resources.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Develop best practices for project execution and management.
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in driving the data strategy across multiple technologies (websites, mobile, social, databases, CRM systems, in house vs. cloud, etc.).
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- In collaboration with appropriate technology team members and managing director, direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Draft and submit budget proposals to technology program leaders and managing director, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary throughout the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders (technology team and\or business units) to assemble project business case and executive summary.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis including: Project expectations; track and report on project milestones, deliverables, resource parameters, and budget; serve as the point for system changes, enhancements subsequent to project implementation, and ensure changes are tracked in CRM\OnTime or other tracking systems employed by the technology team.
- Proactively manage project dependencies, changes in project scope, identify potential crises, proactively monitor project budget, devise contingency plans, and report to management on these elements as appropriate.
- Responsible for documentation relating to business processes across the technology units.
- Coordinate the monitoring, collection, and reporting of department metrics. Including but not limited to: System delivery time, uptime and service performance; user engagement, adoption, and satisfaction; and service value (e.g. TechSupport call center costs business hours vs. extended hours). Collaborate with other technology team members as appropriate to facilitate this task.
- Coordinate the monitoring, collection, and reporting of metrics for all digital products the department develops. This requires an understanding of how the digital community measures and assesses digital products, such as engagement and site interaction, product and device use, and user customer satisfaction measurement. Collaborate with other technology team members and relevant business units, as appropriate, to facilitate this task.
- Research and assist in the recommendation of monitoring tools, in collaboration with technology program leaders and relevant business units.
- Collaborate with and provide metrics to digital media, communications, members, admissions, and other business units regarding website behavior across all technology systems, as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating tags and tracking parameter implementations between the business units (e.g. the digital marketing area, admissions, etc.) with the digital development team.
- Work with Coordinator, IT to pull relevant metrics from data sources and websites for use in dashboards, reports, and presentations for management team.