Marketing & Sales
- Develop pro-active merchandise sales program for corporate hospitality clients
- Develop and implement unique sales ideas, i.e. special sample mailings, employee programs, pre-Championship outing programs, holiday gift programs, email blasts, etc.
- Manage corporate sample inventory and interaction with clients
- Set-up and manage Corporate Merchandise Showroom including floor plan, fixtures, merchandise samples, props, meeting area, etc. Work with lead vendor on showroom appearance and layout
- Meet with clients on-site during busy order season
- Assist with production of corporate merchandise catalogs, including working with graphic designer and photographer, coordinating samples with vendors, determining pricing and organization of catalog, writing copy, designing order form, etc.
- Manage corporate merchandise website content
- Participate in corporate update sessions including developing PowerPoint presentations and setting up of merchandise displays
- Conduct corporate merchandise sales program for outside corporations
Program Management and Order Fulfillment
- Work extensively in corporate merchandise database to input and manage client orders
- Communicate daily with U.S. Open corporate hospitality clients, including substantial telephone inquiries from clients
- Coordinate logo approval program to ensure that all logos are within the guidelines of the USGA, and ensure corporate logos are approved by clients
- Prepare sales reports, purchase orders, correspondence, memos, e-mails, etc.
- Responsible for major mailings to corporate clients, vendors, promotions, etc.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with merchandise vendors. Source new, merchandise for corporate program
- Select items for program and coordinate logo approval process for these items
- Work directly with corporate clients to assist with their product selection, samples, sizing, logos, delivery, etc.
- Work with merchandise vendors to ensure 100% accuracy of corporate client orders, including style, quantity, correct corporate logo embroidery, and on-time delivery to corporate clients
- During Championship, assist corporate clients with all merchandise needs, including last-minute orders, shopping, corporate charges, etc.
- Work closely with USGA accounting staff on accounts payable and accounts receivable
USGA Corporate Partners
Assist Manager, U.S. Open Corporate Merchandising, with large projects and sales to special groups and USGA Corporate Partners as needed
U.S. Open Merchandise General Operations
- Assist with supervision of staff of approximately 20 U.S. Open interns
- Responsible for general operations at Customer Service during Championship week including helping corporate clients with specific issues, last minute orders, personal shopping needs, discounts; dealing with general customer service issues including exchanges, defectives, discount transactions, etc.
- Assist with merchandise set-up and visual displays in the 40,000 square foot Pavilion
- Assist with directing over 1,200 volunteers during the U.S. Open
- Assist with breakdown, post-event sales, and ending inventory procedures