Serve as the USGA’s primary day-to-day contact with existing top level corporate partners (specific partner assignments may vary) to:
- Oversee and ensure contractual fulfillment of all elements within the contract (golf outings, hospitality, print, digital and broadcast media, etc)
- Coordinate and manage implementation and integration of partners at USGA Championships including activation, credentials, special events, etc.
- Serve as the point of contact to review and approve all proposed uses of USGA marks
- Identify new activation opportunities for existing partners, particularly within their core area of focus
- Coordinate and develop programs across USGA departments (e.g., digital media, membership).
- Track and prepare ongoing communications for USGA staff and Executive Committee regarding programs, opportunities, challenges and successes for each partnership
Play an active role in evaluating the value of each partnership to the USGA and the partner itself. Work closely with partners and their respective agency teams to:
- Define key success metrics for each year of the partnership (for the partner and the USGA)
- Establish tracking methods to capture the relevant metrics and data needed to properly measure
- Develop ongoing processes and/or meetings to discuss and identify wins and challenges
- Prepare recommendations to improve and enhance existing programs
Supervise budgeting and financial invoices for the corporate partners program including department spending and partner billbacks.
Identify and proactively seek opportunities to enhance the USGA’s mission and strategic direction through new corporate partnership categories. Understand the challenges faced by various departments and determine whether, and how, an external partner category might improve USGA efficiency and/or effectiveness.
Collaborate with the Partnerships department team to construct annual strategic operating plans, and the corresponding budgets, for the department and the partnership program overall. Consider the USGA’s assets and determine how to best package those assets for partners, how to create and implement new partner benefits, and how to best integrate and collaborate with the USGA’s hospitality sales team in marketing to corporations.