2013 USGA Championship Calendar Twitter Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING
1. SPONSOR: United States Golf Association, (“USGA”) Golf House, PO Box 708, Far Hills, NJ 07931. The Sponsor is solely responsible for all aspects of this sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”).
2. ENTRY: This Sweepstakes will commence on [December 28], 2012, and end at 11:59 P.M. on [December 31, 2012] (“Promotion Period”). During the Twitter Sweepstakes, you may enter the Sweepstakes by: 1) signing into your Twitter account (“Account”) or, if you are not already a member, becoming a member of Twitter and signing into your Account; (2) visiting Twitter.com/usopengolf to view its tweet messages; (3) tweeting a message as a targeted reply to @usga and including the entire USGA message as a retweet or simply clicking “retweet” of the sweepstakes tweeted message to enter the Random Drawing during the Twitter Sweepstakes Period. A valid Entry includes either a traditional re-tweet of the original @usga tweet or contain the entire USGA message as a tweet and include @usga in the text (collectively, an "Entry"). Limit of one (1) Entry per person. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may accept a mis-typed Term or Entry. If your Account is set to “protected mode”, your updates/responses will not be visible in Sponsor’s @Reply inbox; and, therefore, will not be received by Sponsor, resulting in your failure to enter the Sweepstakes. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. If you opt to receive Sponsor’s tweets via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers), standard text messaging rates, airtime and carrier charges will apply for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. You understand that by participation in this Sweepstakes via mobile phone or text message, if you are a potential winner, the Sponsor may contact you via mobile phone or text message, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your Account. For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), all times and days are Eastern Standard Time. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. LIMITATIONS: All Entries for the Sweepstakes must be received during the applicable Promotion Period. Only one Entry per person for the Sweepstakes (regardless of whether one person has more than one Account or more than one person uses the same Account). In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the natural person who is the “authorized account holder” assigned to the Account by Twitter. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 2 are void. Use of any automated system to enter as determined by Sponsor in its sole judgment is prohibited and will result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Open only to persons who, upon entering, are 18 years or older; legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 states or D. C. (collectively, “Territory”); and not employees of Sponsor; their parent, subsidiary, affiliated or successor companies; the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, “Entities”) nor members of their households or immediate families. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory, or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple Accounts to register more than once may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
4. PRIZES: Ten (10). A total of ten (10) 2013 USGA Championship Calendars will be awarded. It is not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $13. Total ARV of all prizes: $130. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except that Sponsor may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. PROCEDURES: All Entries for the Sweepstakes must be received during the Promotion Period. Ten (10) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted on or about [January 2], 2013 from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the total number of eligible Entries received for the Sweepstakes.
6. WINNERS: The potential winner for the Sweepstakes will be announced on Twitter by tweet from @usga on or about [January 2], 2013. To claim the prize, you will be required to respond by Direct Message @usga. Sponsor will be responsible for following winners to allow for Direct Message communication. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within five (5) days its transmission;  the failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner’s Account prior to receipt of notification;  potential winner’s Account “protected mode” is set so that the potential winner’s updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @Reply inbox;  potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner’s failure to validly claim any prize within five (5) days after it is sent and  any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All prizes for verified winners will be delivered within five (5) days after the date of the drawing. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner.
7. CONDITIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize you may win, you agree, represent and warrant that:  you will be bound by the Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which shall be final in all respects;  the Entry becomes solely the Sponsor’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned;  you release and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of any prize; participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or travel or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information;  the Releasees do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to any Sweepstakes or prizes;  winner’s acceptance of any prize constitutes the grant to Sponsor and assigns of an unconditional right to use winner’s name, address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and prize information, statements about the promotion and/or live and taped performances of interviews for any programming, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law;  in the event viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism or other matters beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control, corrupt, prevent or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, so that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Rules or to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend such Sweepstakes; and in such event, to select a winner by such method as Sponsor in its sole discretion shall consider equitable;  the Releasees are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: errors in the advertising, Rules and selection and announcement of the winner;  the Releasees are not responsible for any inability of any winner to accept or use any prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason;  Sponsor has the right to modify prize award procedures at its sole discretion;  the Releasees are not responsible for changes to any Twitter function that may interfere with the Sweepstakes or your ability to timely enter and  Releasees are not responsible for any failure of delivery of winner notification.
8. RULES & WINNERS’ LIST: For names of winners (after [January 8], 2013) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 2013 USGA Championship Calendar Giveaway Twitter Sweepstakes Winner’s List, Golf House, PO Box 708, Far Hills, NJ 07931 or an e-mail with the subject 2013 USGA Championship Calendar Twitter Sweepstakes Winners’ List, firstname.lastname@example.org.