Championship Administration Intern
Position Timeframe: April through August, 2017
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf? The United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
An Internship in the Championship Administration department is a great way to gain valuable experience in golf administration and to be involved with supporting best in class events. The Championship Administration department is responsible for the in-house administration of 14 National Championships. This internship offers a comprehensive introduction and extensive training experience to prepare for a career in golf administration.
This USGA Internship will also feature a Professional Development focus where will have an opportunity to participate in Panel Discussions (Leadership & Former Interns), learn more about our broader organization by being exposed to "Day in the Life of" job overviews, complete and present a capstone project and engage in all-intern social events.
Warren, NJ 07059
What you can expect:
Provide support for the administration of USGA Championships. Areas of responsibility (include but not limited to):
- Respond to and/or disseminate phone and email inquiries from officials conducting USGA qualifying, players, agents, parents and the general public as it pertains to transfers, withdrawals, entry and qualifying process.
- Preparation of Entry Reports
- Officials-in-Charge of Qualifying, Qualifier & Alternate Notifications
- Qualifying Medal Verification
- Support Entry Review Process
- Assist with other various duties, as needed
What you bring to the USGA:
- Currently enrolled or completed Bachelor’s degree
- Effective communication (both oral and written) with a wide variety of individuals and organizations involved in a national championship
- Attention to detail
- Courteous, friendly and organized
- Demonstrated ability to follow and execute detailed procedures
- Team Player
- General knowledge of golf tournaments preferred
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook essential
Please click on the following link to apply: Championship Administration Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer