Location: USGA Headquarters, Warren, NJ
Position Timeframe: May through August, 2017
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to serve the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System, to the game’s most prestigious championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
USGA Technology group is seeking a summer intern to work as a member of our team focused on developing our Products and Services for the Golfer and Golf Industry. The intern will have the opportunity to gain development experience in our newly created technical platform as well as exposure to latest business practices and innovative technology.
This USGA Internship will also feature a Professional Development focus where you will have an opportunity to participate in Panel Discussions (Leadership & Former Interns), learn more about our broader organization by being exposed to "Day in the Life of" job overviews, complete and present a capstone project and engage in all-intern social events.
What you can expect:
- The intern will function as integral team member throughout the USGA’s Azure/Scrum Product Development Life Cycle by working with business and technical team members to evaluate requirements, develop solutions, implement processes, and support existing applications.
- Experience could include the latest technologies such as Salesforce CRM, .net programming in Microsoft Azure Cloud, Enterprise Application Integration, Messaging or Data Management, Data Warehousing and Business Analytics which support the USGA’s Product Portfolio.
- Areas of exposure to include Customer Relationship Management, USGA Handicap Computation Service and/or Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- The program will integrate the students’ academic knowledge and career goals with learning through productive work experiences.
- The program will provide the student with valuable work experience as well as providing the USGA with a source of highly talented candidates.
What you bring to the USGA:
- Currently enrolled in an Bachelor’s or higher degree program
- Majors Include: Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Business/IT Systems Management and related fields
- Technical knowledge, skills, completed course work, or relevant work related experience
- Familiarity with .net and java programming languages
- Familiarity with sql server databases
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com products
- Familiarity with MS Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential information, using discretion and sound judgment
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Can take initiative and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, writing, research and analytical skills with a high attention to details
Please click on the following link to apply USGA Information Technology Internship
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer