From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
As a contributor to the USGA Communications Department, the Social Media Content Coordinator will be responsible for assisting USGA staff with social media content creation and posting. Duties will include research and fact-checking, gathering of visual assets and, on some occasions, writing posts to social media platforms. This temporary position will help update the social media content calendar that drives the USGA’s social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) – aimed at planning and executing content that increases engagement with key audiences surrounding the USGA’s national championships (U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open, U.S. Senior Open and 10 amateur championships) and the USGA’s core functions, including the Rules of Golf, Handicapping, Green Section, USGA Museum and Members Program.
The Social Media Content Coordinator will also perform a variety of tasks related to social media channels during USGA championships. This position will be a part of the USGA’s content team, and will be expected to brainstorm content ideas for all digital platforms.
This person must have a track record of working with social media channels, and have proven content skills to influence and integrate ideas across multiple platforms. This person will assist with integrating content strategies into multi-channel communication campaigns and help to monitor and measure the impact and influence of the USGA’s social media posts across all platforms. This position is anticipated to last from early April until the end of September 2016. Evening and weekend work, as well as travel to a limited number of USGA championships and other events, may be required.
What you can expect:
- Assist the USGA social media team to schedule and post content through social media channels. This includes writing copy for Facebook and Twitter posts; linking to USGA videos, photos, stories, press releases, ticket and merchandise offers, events, etc; and helping to create content during championships.
- Work with the social/editorial team to update the social media content calendar in line with the organizational strategy across USGA platforms, with a focus on delivering a consistent, creative, and holistic social media presence for the USGA core functions and its championships.
- Assist in monitoring and measuring of all social media channels, in coordination with the USGA’s Digital Media Department. Help report on social media engagement metrics that can provide a clear sense of value for social communications and initiatives and drive towards defining ROI. Coordinate with Digital Media for tracking links to posts. Assist the USGA’s Digital Media Department in researching and reporting on emerging social media trends and topics that impact the USGA social channels and influence content ideas. Monitor engagement levels of USGA posts to assist in developing effective and impactful content.
What you bring to the USGA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Sports Management, Business Administration or related field; or equivalent work experience required
- 2 years professional work experience (sports/entertainment/social media/digital media) preferred
- Strong knowledge of the social media ecosystem/culture and jargon; from vendors to partners to technology
- Intimate working knowledge of social media strategy and content development
- Proven track record of developing and delivering successful, measurable social media content
- Interest in and understanding of the USGA and golf, both historic and current
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with tools and technologies including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook API, Snapchat, YouTube, HTML
- Knowledge in ‘traditional’ digital marketing (search, display, video) as a basis to understanding the inter-connection between social media and all digital channels
- Experience with Web 2.0 technology, HTML, Word Processing software, preferably Microsoft Word, image and video editing software, Google + and other social network management systems
- Experience working in sports, entertainment, or a similar environment that involves working with or for organizing bodies, teams, athletes and corporate sponsors
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as executive presence and professionalism
- Creative and well organized; good collaboration skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude and desire to learn
- Sports/Entertainment/Digital Agency experiences a plus
- Knowledge of the game of golf and USGA mission and activities preferred
Please click on the following link to apply: 2017 Social Media Content Coordinator - Temporary
This is a temporary position expected to last from early April until the end of September 2016.
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer