From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf? The USGA is looking for two Scoring Interns to provide scoring support for our USGA Championships. The interns will also assist the State and Regional Golf Associations (SRGAs) that utilize the wireless tablet rental program for their tournaments. The interns will be instrumental in the success of the USGA’s championship scoring efforts and be a critical component in our interactions with SRGAs as it relates to the tablet rental program.
This USGA Internship will also feature a Professional Development focus where you'll have an opportunity to participate in Panel Discussions (Leadership & Former Interns), learn more about our broader organization by being exposed to "Day in the Life of" job overviews, complete and present a capstone project and engage in all-intern social events.
Location: USGA Headquarters, Warren, NJ
Position Timeframe: May through September 30, 2017
What you can expect:
- Assist with championship scoring activities at approximately four to six championships.
- Coordinate the USGA Tablet Program for SRGAs, including oversight, conditioning and configuration of inventory, development of the shipping schedule, distribution execution and follow-up communications.
- Assist with various scoring duties, as needed.
What you bring to the USGA:
- Currently enrolled or completed Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of computers and tablets (especially Android 4.2 - Jelly Bean) OS preferred
- General working knowledge of golf required, with tournament golf experience preferred
- Good interpersonal skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook essential
- Proven ability to multi-task on a number of major projects simultaneously is essential
- Previous experience and familiarity with a SRGA preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel; approximately 22 to 35 days (depending on fall availability)
Please click on the following link to apply: Scoring Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA conducts the U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open and U.S. Senior Open, as well as 10 national amateur championships, two state team championships and international matches. Together with The R&A, the USGA governs the game worldwide, jointly administering the Rules of Golf, Rules of Amateur Status, Equipment Standards and World Amateur Golf Rankings. The USGA’s working jurisdiction comprises the United States, its territories and Mexico.
The USGA is a global leader in the development and support of sustainable golf course management practices. It serves as a primary steward for the game’s history and funds an ongoing “For the Good of the Game” charitable giving program. Additionally, the USGA’s Course Rating and Handicap systems are used on six continents in more than 50 countries.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer