From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf? The USGA Rules Modernization – Data Analyst Intern will play a key role in analyzing and interpreting feedback regarding the Rules Modernization project. As we prepare for significant changes to the Rules of Golf, this individual will work to understand themes and trends in feedback provided directly from golfers. Intern will work closely with USGA Rules department staff.
This USGA Internship will also feature a Professional Development focus where you'll have an opportunity to participate in Panel Discussions (Leadership & Former Interns), learn more about our broader organization by being exposed to "Day in the Life of" job overviews, complete and present a capstone project and engage in all-intern social events.
Location: USGA Headquarters, Warren, NJ
Position Timeframe: May through August, 2017
What you can expect:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends
- Work with an outside vendor to compare internal and external feedback
- Deliver timely reporting on the key findings to USGA Rules staff and leaders
- Locate opportunities to leverage key findings
- Participate in working group meetings centered around the Rules Modernization initiative; contribute to the strategy and execution around best practices of feedback and evaluation involving the Rules of Golf
- Attend regular Rules department meetings to gain a better understanding of the department’s overall function and objectives as part of the larger USGA organization
What you bring to the USGA:
- Preferred areas of study include: marketing, marketing research, mathematics, information systems, economics or other related field
- Strong analytics or statistical background
- Past research or data entry experience encouraged
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- General working knowledge of golf is required and familiarity/interest with the Rules of Golf preferred
Please click on the following link to apply: Rules Modernization – Data Analyst Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer