Title: IMPACT 2018 Marketing Intern
Location: USGA Headquarters, Liberty Corner, NJ
Position Timeframe: May 2018 through August 2018
From the USGA Handicap System, to conducting what are regarded as golf’s most prestigious championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules, and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to celebrate, serve and advance the game of golf worldwide?
As an intern on the USGA Marketing Team, you will have an opportunity to work with the functional area serving as an “engine of growth” for the Association, specifically as it relates to the USGA’s key programs, drivers of revenue, and brand. The USGA is currently embarking on an important strategic project to gather data on ALL USGA customers, both those with a business-to-business relationship with the USGA (like golf course superintendents and Rules officials), and also those with a more business-to-consumer relationship with the USGA (like those who purchase tickets, or USGA merchandise, or download the USGA Rules app). Gathering data from internal cross-functional areas, creating user segments, user profiles, and customer journeys will all be part of the broader strategic work, and something for which you, as an intern on the USGA Marketing Team, can greatly inform … while learning about many different functions and operations within the USGA during the process.
This IMPACT Internship will also feature a Professional Development focus where will have an opportunity to participate in Panel Discussions (Leadership & Former Interns), learn more about our broader organization by being exposed to "Day in the Life of" job overviews, participating in community service and social activities, and the opportunity to complete and present a capstone project for Executive and Senior Leaders.
What you can expect:
- Exposure to all members of the Marketing team including those focused on Media, Brand, Championship Promotion, Ticket Promotion, Program Integration, and Design
- Cross-functional exposure to many functional areas inside the USGA who engage a USGA customer.
- Opportunity to assist in the development of a business case, and strategic recommendation, for the creation of an integrated and centralized Customer Relationship Management (CRM) function for the USGA.
- Opportunity to attend a USGA Open and Amateur Championship.
What you bring to the USGA:
- Current junior or senior in college. Or Graduate student (preferred).
- Specialization in marketing, customer engagement, analytics or CRM.
- Ability to take initiative, and operate toward a goal without daily supervision.
- Strong organizational, planning, communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Familiarity and expertise with digital data gathering as well as online advertising and social marketing platforms.
- Collaborative energy and spirit.
- Interest in golf / sports preferred.
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf. Founded in 1894, we conduct many of golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions is the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer