Title: IMPACT Scoring Intern (2)
Location: USGA Headquarters, Liberty Corner, NJ
Position Timeframe: *May through September 17, 2019
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The USGA is looking for two Scoring Interns to provide scoring support for our USGA Championships. The interns will be instrumental in the success of the USGA’s championship scoring efforts. Scoring Interns will be required to travel to USGA Championships as assigned and assist the scoring staff as needed
As the position demands extensive travel (22-35 days), relocation will not be necessary. However, successful candidate(s) will be invited to attend a one-week orientation at the USGA Headquarters. Once here, there will be an opportunity to attend scheduled scoring meetings, meet with other staff members across different departments, have access to the USGA Museum and get a tour of the USGA Research and Test Center.
What you can expect:
- Assist with championship scoring activities at approximately four to six championships.
- Work closely with host club staff and lead volunteers to ensure a smooth championship from a scoring perspective.
- Train volunteers on the use of our scoring tablets, on-course status boards, standard bearers, and those volunteers assigned to work directly with the onsite calligrapher at the scoreboard.
- Assist other on-site staff members when available.
What you bring to the USGA:
- Currently enrolled or completed Bachelor’s degree.
- General working knowledge of golf required, with tournament golf experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook essential.
- Familiarity with the use of tablets running Android OS.
- Proven ability to multi-task on several major projects simultaneously is essential.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel; approximately 22 to 35 days (depending on fall availability).
Please click on the following link to apply: IMPACT Scoring Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA conducts the U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open and U.S. Senior Open, as well as 10 national amateur championships, two state team championships and international matches. Together with The R&A, the USGA governs the game worldwide, jointly administering the Rules of Golf, Rules of Amateur Status, Equipment Standards and World Amateur Golf Rankings. The USGA’s working jurisdiction comprises the United States, its territories and Mexico.
The USGA is a global leader in the development and support of sustainable golf course management practices. It serves as a primary steward for the game’s history and funds an ongoing “For the Good of the Game” charitable giving program. Additionally, the USGA’s Course Rating and Handicap systems are used on six continents in more than 50 countries.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer