Location: USGA Headquarters, Liberty Corner, NJ
Position Timeframe: February through June, 2019
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf? The United States Golf Association promotes the health and sustainability of a sport that inspires, challenges, and rewards like no other game.
The Marketing Design Intern will be tasked with design and production work for championship brand and promotional efforts, including collateral, print and digital advertising, on-signage and online/social media banners. They will collaborate with printing and signage vendors as well as media partners to format and/or troubleshoot issues related to art file or production.
They will use innovative and creative techniques to create high quality visual content to support our championship brands, their authenticity and tone, enforcing USGA/Championship Graphic Identity and related elements from the Brand Playbook.
Photoshop skills require extensive knowledge and skill in “silhouetting” and retouching photos.
What you can expect:
- Design, develop and/or produce Open Championship advertising, promotional materials and on-site signage that adheres to USGA Brand Playbook or our AOR’s Creative Campaign to create and exemplary Open Championship experience for all audiences including players, fans and media.
- Design, develop and/or produce of Amateur Championship promotional materials and on-site signage that adheres to USGA Brand Playbook to create exemplary experience for their players.
- Maintain and manage creative projects and related assets via project management and media bank archiving system.
What you bring to the USGA:
- Currently enrolled or have completed bachelor’s degree (Graduation Date between 2017-2020) in Marketing, Communications or Business
- Experience or a working knowledge of: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, Word, and PowerPoint. Designing (including work on web banners and ads), enhancing/retouching photographs and scanning capabilities are also required. Knowledge of production is required.
- Must be able to track and handle multiple projects and deadlines while paying particular attention to priority and accuracy. Strong interpersonal skills to ensure staff needs on projects are fulfilled timely and accurately. Strong knowledge of the USGA’s Graphic Identity.
- Project management skills and experience working with creative project management software is preferred.
- Detail oriented with superior written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous, friendly and organized
- General knowledge of golf operations is a plus
Please click on the following link to apply: IMPACT Marketing Design Championship Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer