Title: IMPACT Foundation Data Analyst Intern (Summer)
Location: USGA Headquarters, Liberty Corner, NJ
Position Timeframe: May – August 2019
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Golf is a game fueled by people with passion, integrity and drive. The newly created USGA Foundation, the charitable fundraising arm of the USGA, is looking for a Foundation Data Analyst Intern. The Data Analyst Internship will provide a hands-on opportunity to develop a working knowledge of a donor database conversion process. The USGA Data Analyst Intern will assist the USGA Foundation to discover/detect any compatibility issues that impact performance/consistency in the donor data.
This IMPACT Internship will also feature a Professional Development focus where will have an opportunity to participate in Panel Discussions (Leadership & Former Interns), learn more about our broader organization by being exposed to "Day in the Life of" job overviews, participating in community service and social activities, and the opportunity to complete and present a capstone project for senior leaders and management.
What you can expect:
- The analyst duties include gathering and documenting requirements for test cases during the database conversion.
- Validating and preparing reports/queries that will be beneficial to the clarity of the conversion.
- Assist in department’s administrative work including database management & entry for Donor CMS.
- Responsibilities will include application profile requirements analysis, business unit communication, process documentation and migration coordination.
- Provide weekly reporting on the progress back to the Project management team.
What you bring to the USGA:
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to set goals and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to set-up team meeting times and collect necessary follow-up notes
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and SQL
- Experience in database entry and data management
Please click on the following link to apply: IMPACT Foundation Data Analyst Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer