Title: IMPACT Finance Intern (Summer)
Location: USGA Headquarters, Liberty Corner, NJ
Position Timeframe: May through August 2019 (approximate)
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf? The USGA Finance Intern will handle a multitude of financial and procurement support for USGA Finance team. Office duties include journal entries, review monthly P&L reports, hospitality reconciliation, travel and expense spend reporting. In addition, vendor research, assist with business cases, vendor data scrub and other additional procurement and finance assignments as needed.
What you can expect:
- Work with various positions of Financial Operations to manage financial results and procurement function.
- Assist with general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, such as monthly profit and loss statement review, including research and journal entries. Assist the accounts payable and receivable teams when staff is limited and volume is high.
- Supplier Diversity program project. Tasks will be as needed at the time of assignment depending on which are still outstanding by that time. Tasks will require creative and writing/marketing skills.
- Vendor research, data scrubbing, data entry directly in USGA financial system.
- Enter savings in XLS, spot check and refresh dashboards. Seek areas of improvement for more efficient data entry and reporting.
- Help schedule and attend meetings with Director of Procurement on subject matter relevant to a career in finance.
What you bring to the USGA:
- General finance skills, as well as familiarity with procurement functions.
- Preferred area of study includes: Accounting or Finance
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Up-to-date computer skills with efficiency in excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse work teams. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work collaboratively as a member of a team with a positive attitude.
Please click on the following link to apply: IMPACT Finance Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer