Title: IMPACT Communications Intern
Location: USGA Headquarters, Liberty Corner, NJ
Position Timeframe: March through November 2019
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The USGA Communications Intern will support the USGA brand communications team in elevating the positive work the USGA does to support a healthy future for golf. The right candidate will draft, publish and measure media outreach pitches and press releases; manage media and social media monitoring campaigns, serve as in a supporting role to the internal and external communications functions and USGA community programs, and interface with departments outside of USGA championship communications.
What you can expect:
- Media writing/creative development: including development of creative pitches, release drafts and other assets
- Report Development/Monitoring: This person will drive daily and monthly reporting functions for the USGA, as well as draft Powerpoint presentations
- Event support: including planning and executing effective gatherings
- Stakeholder Communications and Engagement: Including customer support of junior activities, interfacing with our Allied Golf Association community and other groups
- Possible Travel: This position will involve minimal travel
What you bring to the USGA:
- Current junior or senior in college, or Grad student
- Preferred area of study include: journalism, communications, PR or related field (post-graduate preferred)
- Position requires general communications and media relations skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office software, as well as media monitoring/list development software
- Journalism/Public Relations background or writing experience is a must
- The ability to effectively communicate on the phone, via e-mail and through various Web site and social media outlets.
- Familiarity with USGA history and practices desirable
Please click on the following link to apply: IMPACT Communications Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer