Location: USGA Headquarters, Warren, NJ
Position Timeframe: May through August, 2017
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to serve the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System, to the game’s most prestigious championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to gain valuable experience in the sports industry and help influence the USGA’s digital and social media strategy? The USGA Digital Media team is in search of a Digital Media & Analytics Intern for the summer. The internship would allow the qualified candidate to work closely with the Digital Media team throughout the summer, including an on-site role at the 117TH U.S. Open at Erin Hills.
This USGA Internship will also feature a Professional Development focus where you will have an opportunity to participate in Panel Discussions (Leadership & Former Interns), learn more about our broader organization by being exposed to "Day in the Life of" job overviews, complete and present a capstone project and engage in all-intern social events.
What you can expect:
- Support in the planning and execution of the digital and social media strategy during the U.S. Open & other Championships throughout the summer
- Help prepare and distribute weekly, monthly and Championship-specific digital and social media analytic reports
- Provide USGA Global Content & Media Distribution team with detailed analysis of specific articles, videos, social posts, etc. in order to influence content strategy
- Monitor USGA & U.S. Open social media channels for alignment to strategic plan, sentiment, etc.
- Audit digital products and live execution of other major golf and sporting events and prepare analysis for comparative purposes
- Manage post-Championship digital survey, compile results and create findings report
- Learn how to use analytic tools and build reports
What you bring to the USGA:
- Analytical mind with the ability to analyze and interpret data to tell a story and create actionable insights
- Strong experience working in Microsoft Excel & Power Point
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Good interpersonal skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience or classwork related to research, analysis and data interpretation
- Preferred areas of study include: sports management, marketing, finance, research or communications
Please click on the following link to apply 2017 Digital Media & Analytics Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer