Title: IMPACT Championship Administration Intern
Location: USGA Headquarters, Liberty Corner, N.J.
Position Timeframe: February through August 2019
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
Are you interested in joining a dynamic team that is an integral part of USGA Championships? The Championship Administration Department internship is a great way to gain valuable experience in Sports Management, Golf Administration and Customer Service. The Championship Administration Department is responsible for the in-house administration of 14 national championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open Championships. This internship offers a comprehensive introduction and extensive training experience to prepare for a career in golf administration.
What you can expect:
- The Championship Administration Department is a motivated team focused on providing a first-class experience to Competitors and Allied Golf Associations. The Championship Administration Department Intern can expect to gain experience in exemplary Customer Service. As well as, learn a large range of Sports Management skills such as Player Relations, Business Analytics, Communication and Time Management.
Areas of responsibility (include but not limited to):
- Respond to and/or disseminate phone and email inquiries from officials conducting USGA qualifying, players, agents, parents and the general public as it pertains to transfers, withdrawals, entry and qualifying process.
- Preparation of Department Weekly Reports
- Aid in compiling and analyzing results from USGA Championships
- Support AGA & Player Experience Initiative
- Process USGA qualifying results in adherence to USGA Policies
What You Bring to the USGA:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and support the team
- Resourceful, presentable, courteous, friendly and organized
- Demonstrated ability to follow and execute detailed procedures
- Effective communication with a wide variety of individuals and organizations involved in a national championship
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Please click on the following link to apply: Championship Administration Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer