Title: Long Term Broadcast/Content/Digital Intern
Location: USGA Headquarters, Warren, NJ
Position Timeframe: February-April (Part-Time)
May – September (Full-Time)
October – December (Part-Time)
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf? The USGA Global Content Media & Distribution (GCMD) business unit is in search of a Long-Term, GCMD Intern who can support all three GCMD verticals: Content Production and Distribution, Digital Media and Analytics and Broadcast Operations. The internship offers exposure and hands-on experience working with all three verticals and an opportunity to develop strong leadership and communications skills.
This latter part of the internship will also feature a Professional Development focus where the intern will have an opportunity to participate in Panel Discussions (Leadership & Former Interns), learn more about our broader organization by being exposed to "Day in the Life of" job overviews, participating in community service and social activities, and the opportunity to complete and present a capstone project for senior leaders and management.
What you can expect:
- Assist with search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for usopen.com and usga.org, utilizing the Brightedge SEO platform
- Assist the content team with basic website maintenance using the AEM content management system
- Assist the social media team in scheduling and producing Twitter, Facebook and Instagram content
- Monitor USGA & U.S. Open social media channels for alignment to strategic plan, sentiment and relevancy by providing
- Comparative benchmarking across sports/golf landscape
- Serve as a production assistant during live and taped studio shows and during championships
- Audit live USGA championship broadcasts and report on sponsorship and commercial assets
- Assist analytics team, when necessary, in pulling and reporting on social media data
- Audit digital products and live execution of other major golf and sporting events and prepare analysis for comparative purposes
- Manage post-championship digital survey, compile results and create findings report
- Manage weekly Global Content and Media Distribution news digest featuring key articles relating to the broadcast, social media, innovation and technology industries
What you bring to the USGA:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & Power Point, and ability to work independently
- Proven ability to tackle multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfort level with social media platforms and familiarity with websites
- Interest in sports and appreciation for golf
About the USGA:
The USGA conducts the U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open and U.S. Senior Open, as well as 10 national amateur championships, two state team championships and international matches. Together with The R&A, the USGA governs the game worldwide, jointly administering the Rules of Golf, Rules of Amateur Status, Equipment Standards and World Amateur Golf Rankings. The USGA’s working jurisdiction comprises the United States, its territories and Mexico.
The USGA is a global leader in the development and support of sustainable golf course management practices. It serves as a primary steward for the game’s history and funds an ongoing “For the Good of the Game” charitable giving program. Additionally, the USGA’s Course Rating and Handicap systems are used on six continents in more than 50 countries.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer