Time for something new, meaningful and challenging? At the USGA, we believe in the importance of attracting, developing and retaining passionate, purpose and values driven people, especially those who deliver results in service to the game, our members, golfers and allied associations. You now have the chance to be a part of our changing organization while working with dynamic colleagues focused on the game’s long-term health and viability.
We are seeking that unique and hands-on Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Leader, to help us strengthen our recruiting and onboarding capabilities. The Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Leader will serve as a primary recruiter, manage a team to assist in support of the hiring needs of the USGA, and implement on onboarding strategy that aligns with our core values to lead, serve and inspire. Additionally, he/she will develop and implement forward thinking strategies for candidate identification, selection and assessment. The Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Leader will be a partner and influencer helping the entire organization become talent identifiers and connectors.
Beyond attracting an increasingly diverse pool of talent, the leader will design and spearhead an organization-wide onboarding experience focused on improved integration at the individual, team and organizational levels leading to sustained contribution, engagement and connection to the USGA mission in an accelerated basis. This position will report to the Sr. Director of People, Development, and Culture.
Far Hills, NJ 07931
Warren, NJ 07059
How will you make an impact?
- Design and implement proactive recruiting programs and processes that attract, select and retain a qualified workforce.
- Spearhead educational initiatives for internal partners and other key stakeholders on recruiting trends, interviewing skills, and recommending new approaches that allow the USGA to cultivate a diverse pipeline of talent for current and future needs.
- Evaluate and develop processes which will enhance job posting, interviewing and other internal/external talent recruitment and placement methods.
- Big picture thinker who anticipates future trends and creates competitive and creative onboarding strategies and plans.
- Clearly and consistently communicates information across in a timely and effective manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create a strong employment brand and candidate facing recruiting tools to target specific audiences and locations.
- Learn the details of our history, present and future and translate that knowledge into a set of strategic goals and measures that ensure we hire in a more timely and qualitative basis while ensuring we engage and prepare our people to contribute at a high level in their first year, setting them up for forward success.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external partners and clients.
- Utilize technology and social networking tools as well as traditional sourcing techniques.
- Collect, analyze, report and determine course of action on progress, trends and issues that need solving.
What You Bring to the USGA:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of strategic recruiting experience more recently in an organization undergoing intentional transformation
- Proven experience designing and implementing measurably impactful onboarding processes and experiences
- Proven experience managing a high performing recruitment team
- Proven experience in current behavioral based interviewing and assessment techniques
- Expertise in the use of and measurement in web and social recruiting platforms
- A passion for and modern sensibility for employment branding and the ability to tell the story while having an discerning eye for great people
- A passion for inclusion
- An appreciation for the game of golf, competition, sports or being an authentically mission and values-driven person who wants to make a tangible difference (and learn the game, through an active program of staff connection through golf)
Please click on the following link to apply: Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Leader
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer