Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The Sr. Manager of Communications will manage the effective communications and public relations/advocacy programs that elevate and extend the brand of the USGA and the organization’s efforts to support a healthy future for golf, beyond championships.
Liberty Corner, NJ
What You Can Expect:
- Shape and promote impact-driven activities of the association outside of championships to a wide array of traditional and social media/influencers that deliver positive media impressions and organization attribution, both inside and outside of endemic golf outlets
- Build relationships and deliver a regular cadence of communications to and with influential and emerging media, internal subject-matter leaders, and external USGA stakeholders to develop rich storytelling opportunities and show the USGA’s impact on the game, to include development of the organization’s Annual Report
- Develop strategies and implement tactics to leverage the USGA voice through the USGA_PR and USGA LinkedIn social media accounts with daily/weekly posts
- Accountable for the communications calendar for the organization and leading the cross-functional teams’ efforts that elevate the impact of the USGA
- Manage USGA reporting functions with external vendor and support of communications team and external PR firm to include daily and monthly media reports
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent with a focus on communications, media relations, or journalism is preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in journalism, media/public relations/pitching and organizational storytelling, with golf knowledge or technical writing preferred
- Project strategic planning and implementation; interpersonal, problem solving, organizational skills.
- Organization-driven social media planning and messaging experience.
- Positive attitude and the ability to display consistent initiative that reflect innovative thinking.
- Knowledge of reporting and PR-related systems and tools (Meltwater) a plus.
Please click on the following link to apply: Sr. Manager Communications
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer