From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Implementing solutions to secure workloads in virtualized datacenters and cloud environments.
- Integrating applications (custom code) into internal and external 3rd party solutions.
- Following the USGA product life cycle standard to release and support new products.
- Estimating task durations and ensuring on-time delivery of components.
- Creating prototypes and determining improvements to existing or new product architectures.
- Successfully communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Hands-on coding, design and architecture tasks
- Creating design and architecture artifacts
- Review of existing and new code to recommend security, performance and functional improvements
What You Bring to the USGA:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in related field
- Excellent Java skills across web and integration platforms
- Strong experience integrating platforms and applications
- Experience performing security and performance upgrades to existing code
- Strong background in Object Oriented programming techniques and design skills
- RESTful API server/client development
- Experience with Microsoft technologies
- Experience with Virtualization technologies (Azure Paas, IaaS)
- Experience with Tibco FTL, TIBCO BusinessWorks and Maven (plus)
- Experience with GitHub, MS VSO and Artifactory (plus)
- Self-Motivated Individual with Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Please click on the following link to apply: Senior Java Developer (contractor)
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer