Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The Rules of Golf Associate is primarily responsible for responding to Rules of Golf inquiries which involves independent judgment in a matter of great significance to the USGA. The Associate is also responsible for understanding and applying the Rules of Amateur Status to applications for reinstatement to amateur status as well as handling Rules of Amateur Status inquiries.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Research, clarify and respond to Rules of Golf e-mails, letters and facsimiles with solid decision on Rules of Golf inquiry.
- Research, clarify and respond to Rules of Golf phone calls with solid decision on Rules of Golf inquiry.
- Process applications for reinstatement to Amateur Status and respond to Rules of Amateur Status phone calls, e-mails, letters and facsimile. Make final recommendation(s) on reinstatement of amateur status.
- Work on special projects and assignments as directed by members of the Rules of Golf staff, such as proofreading Rules of Golf, Decisions on the Rules of Golf; Coordinate materials for Rules of Golf Workshops; and working at USGA Championships. Respond to questions about and register participants for Rules of Golf Workshops.
- Document Rules of Golf Q’s and A’s for issues not covered in the Decisions on the Rules of Golf.
- Develop and implement form responses to e-mail inquiries and revise existing form responses to remain current with changes to the Rules of Golf.
- Must be able to respond to inquiries in a tactful and timely manner, and work without supervision, particularly during the USGA Championship season.
What You Bring to the USGA:
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibit a strong interest in a career in golf administration
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of the Rules of Golf and Rules of Amateur Status
- Attended a PGA/USGA Rules of Golf Workshop and taken the 100 question exam administered at the workshops preferred
- Experience working at a golf association, PGA Section, is a plus.
Please click on the following link to apply: Rules of Golf Associate
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer