From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The USGA is currently seeking a Museum Security Guard/Attendant to work the following shift: Alternating weekends (Saturday and Sunday) from 3:30pm-11:30pm
The Museum Attendants/Security Guards primarily performs all duties of security guard at the museum, or at times in other designated areas. Occasionally assists with minor maintenance tasks/chores. Occasionally assists with special events, emergencies and shipping/receiving duties. Works closely with security supervisor and museum staff. Also all levels of USGA staff, police and fire departments, alarm company, central station, utility company, miscellaneous vendors, all museum guests and visitors.
Far Hills, NJ 07931
How will you make an impact?
- Wears prescribed USGA Security uniform properly. Keeps updated and follows all USGA Security policies, procedures and scheduling. Fill in for receptionist when requested. Assists with any emergencies that may arise. Raise and lower flags as requested.
- Performs all duties of security in the museum as directed. Remains visible to maintain a professional security presence. Periodically perform walking tours, reporting any abnormalities, unusual activities/events or safety issues to immediate supervisor, assistant director of facilities or museum staff. Provide a safe environment for all staff and guests of the USGA. Safeguard USGA property, buildings, and grounds.
- Locks and unlocks specified areas as directed. Assist in shipping and receiving as directed. Assist museum staff and facilities department as directed. Assist with minor maintenance tasks/chores as requested. Assist with special events including setting up, maintaining and breaking down if requested.
What You Bring to the USGA:
- Able to work independently with little supervision required
- Able to fill in for other shifts and flexibility with hours required
- Able to read, write and speak English clearly; being courteous and conscientious
- Physically able to do walking tours in all areas of various buildings and to stand for extended periods of required
- Certified in First Aid/CPR/defibrillator preferred but not required
- Must be team player willing to help out in other areas when requested
- Willing to assist and give direction to visitors in a friendly courteous manner
- Wears proper USGA attire while on duty (Clean and neatly pressed)
Please click on the following link to apply: Museum Attendant/Security (Alternating Weekends)
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer