From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The Manager, U.S. Women’s and Senior Women’s Opens is an assistant to the Director, U.S. Women’s and Senior Women’s Opens. These responsibilities include a focus on player management and interaction throughout the year, coordination of special projects and general administration.
Liberty Corner, NJ
What you can expect:
You will work side-by-side with the Director, U.S. Women’s and Senior Women’s Opens. This includes but is not limited to:
- Attend each championship and serve an integral operational and connective role to players and staff
- Serve as main point of contact for players during championships
Coordinate efforts for each championship including but not limited to accommodations, food and beverage,
practice areas, transportation and gifts
Maintain correspondence with players and develop initiatives aimed at 12-month player engagement
- Lead special projects as assigned
Develop presentations and narratives for staff and board meetings in conjunction with director and championship staffs
Conduct exemplary championships process and review with team members
- Provide administrative support
Assist Director in managing purchase orders and vendor agreements
Coordinate the annual budget process and periodic budget projections
Interact with Golf House and on-site staff in preparation for each championship
- Participate as an active member of the Open Championships team for other USGA Championships and projects as assigned
What you bring to the USGA:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of overall professional experience
- Experience in golf tournament administration or a playing background at the national, state, regional or local level is required
- Experience working with players and Tours at the national level is preferred
- Ability to work with and direct host club staff and host committees
- Computer skills (Microsoft Suite) are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, detail oriented, well organized, and ability to be a team player
Note: Travel (Approx. 50 - 60 days/year, mostly for extended summer periods) will be required.
Please click on the following link to apply: Manager, U.S. Women’s and Senior Women’s Opens
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer