Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The Manager, Open Championship Admissions is responsible for managing all aspects of Admissions for designated Open Championships including online offers and ticket applications, corporate option tickets, ticket fulfillment files, ticket print order, parking and shuttle passes, and credential production and distribution. They will collect relevant fan information for championship collateral and to share with customer service team. Oversee on-site admissions office, admission gates, and Will Call operation.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Review and setup each online ticket offer including products, limits, tax calculation and start/end dates and times.
- Ensure all online ticket offers are thoroughly reviewed, tested, approved and monitored on a daily basis.
- Provide ticket print order to vendor after thorough review and final approval.
- Oversee corporate option ticket invoicing.
- Monitor sales and provided updates as requested.
- Set schedule, verify and manage fulfillment/distribution process for all tickets – regular and corporate.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all fulfillment data submitted for all ticket types.
- Review all corporate fulfillment files submitted by vendor including confirmation of payment in full and all legal requirements.
- Maintain corporate hold list and release corporate fulfillment files once payment and requirements have been met.
- Follow up on all on-site corporate ticket sales for processing.
- Create and develop reference system for all fulfillment files.
- Manage and oversee all credential production and distribution including barcode assignments, designs, approvals, access codes and fields.
- Responsible for updating, setting up, and testing the online credentialing system.
- Manage on-site credentialing facility including equipment needs, trailer layout, staffing and vendor instructions.
- Coordinate with customer service staff on all championship information, advance communications, and customer service procedures.
- Develop and produce the fan information guide and other documents including gathering information, submitting to graphic designer and distribution to all appropriate staff for review and approval.
- Provide printer with the approved files and double check all information is accurate one final time before giving final approval to the printer.
- Oversee on-site ticket office during championship including customer service, on line orders and walk up sales, and Will Call operations. Review admission gate locations and determine number of scanners and necessary operational requirements. During championship, coordinate with the outside vendor who maintains the gate admittance system and train volunteers and security personnel scanning at each location. Track current scan numbers and provide detailed attendance reports as needed.
- Work with championship team to create parking and shuttle access grid; design placards and coordinate the production of necessary quantities with printer; distribute necessary parking pass requirements to various groups.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
What You Bring to the USGA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports, Business Management, or related field required OR 2-3 years’ experience in related field required
- Prior experience working in Credentialing or Ticketing is a PLUS
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Access
- Accurate, organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and handle many complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to work on-site at multiple championships for an extended time (2 – 3 weeks) as well as travel at other times throughout the year
Please click on the following link to apply: Manger, Open Championship Admissions
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer