Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The Manager of Digital Content & Strategy position will be responsible for setting strategy, workflow, global-ready content and metrics for the handicapping team’s global digital education and online strategies. From planning to execution, this role will identify, collaborate, and implement forward thinking global audience engagement and learning strategies, and establish metrics for effective digital asset utilization, learning and overall education assessment. This role will also serve to manage the team’s digital assets through its DAM, and monitor use of all digital assets by the national federations throughout the world.
This role will collaborate with team leadership and staff between both the USGA and our joint governance partners, the R&A. Additional stakeholders between the two organizations include: Communications, Marketing, Digital Media, Rules, Product and I.T.; as well as serving as a primary contact for external vendors.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Creating and collaborating on a progressive global eLearning digital-delivery strategies by leveraging existing and new technologies to support our strategic business initiatives
- Determine appropriate technology platform, course design, and instruction delivery options/channels based on subject matter, target audience and culture
- Oversee global planning and rollout of the digital education projects
- Act as education digital project manager to liaise with national federations to coordinate implementation of online initiatives and utilization of digital assets
- Collaborate with the Brand Creative Team to develop and ensure digital asset brand standards
- Work with team leadership on the creation of a long term Handicap and Course Rating education strategy utilizing multiple platforms
- Work with the Manager, Handicap Education and team leadership on the development and management of online publications, website page, and related mobile applications
- Work with the Manager of, Education on the development and sourcing of digital materials for the USGA seminars and worldwide outreach program
- Conduct routine status meetings with team staff to review program results/metrics, formulate insights, present new content concepts, and identify future enhancements that will optimize participant learning and engagement
- Support the development, optimization and launch of global-ready digital learning initiatives, working directly with Education Manager to develop analyze and document training needs, develop an digital education plan, and to research, write, and develop content to elevate engagement and productivity
- Remain up to date with developing standards, industry practices and tools within the digital education discipline
- Work closely with the Legal Team to ensure all rights sensitive assets are managed properly
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including key business leaders, subject matter experts and other education/learning staff to identify discipline redundancies, increasing efficiencies in the digital product development process, and launching new digital learning and communication initiatives
- Identify new innovations in digital education and provide recommendations and optimizations of existing programs
- Produce interactive eLearning course material (including course design documents, course outlines, course descriptions, presentation slides, diagrams, lab exercises, instructor guides, lab setup guides, job aids, and assessments
- Establishes performance objectives, learning outcomes, and assessment tools using established instructional theories and design principles
- Ensures training programs and initiatives align with and supports business objectives
- Manage and maintain an asset release schedule
- Ensure assets are organized and available to international partners on time
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, advertising, marketing, or related field required
- 5 plus years of experience in conceiving, creating and delivering compelling digital content and eLearning and digital solutions
- Knowledge of and passion for the game of golf
- Excellent computer skills knowledge of HTML and publishing software
- Familiarity with CMS systems
- Must be a team player and self-starter who is innovative, creative, professional and resourceful
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Up to 15% travel
Please click on the following link to apply: Manager, Digital Content & Strategy
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer