Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Provide support for all aspects of Championship Administration including maintaining the qualifying site database and customer service. In addition, the position be responsible for scorecard set-up and production and manage the withdrawal notifications.
Far Hills, NJ 07931
What You Can Expect:
- Manage the in-house administration of the U.S. Women’s Amateur Four-Ball and U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur Championships including application and exemption preparation, qualifying site selection, entry closing and all correspondence with players and officials. Work closely with the respective Championship Staff in Charge (SIC) to produce Exemplary Championships
- Liaison with Allied Golf Associations regarding USGA Qualifying Best Practices & Requirements.
- Manage the preparation of qualifying materials, Best Practices & Requirements and Manual for USGA Qualifying. Work closely with the Manager of Equipment to identify the appropriate co-branded materials. Work with the Senior Director to identify short term and long-range priorities to achieve an exemplary experience for all players participating in USGA Qualifying.
- Assist with other departmental activities and projects as assigned.
- Respond to and/or disseminate phone and email inquiries from players, officials and the general public they pertain to entry process, transfer, withdrawals, qualifying results, etc.
- Assist with Mailings
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years of overall professional experience
- Tournament administration experience and knowledge required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, Data Management
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships within the State & Regional Golf Association community
- Excellent interpersonal skills, detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task and be a team player.
Limited travel may be required
Please click on the following link to apply: Manager, Championship Administration
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer