Golf is a game fueled by people with passion, integrity and drive. The newly created USGA Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the United States Golf Association, is recruiting leaders with these same values to advance fundraising and engagement.
The purpose of the Lead, Direct & Digital Fundraising is to maximize revenue by acquiring, retaining and upgrading individuals making gifts through direct mail, phone calls, online, and mobile giving. This position will provide visionary leadership to fuel creative, dynamic and market-sensitive operations and deliver rapid growth in supporter-based revenue from online and offline channels. The Lead, Direct & Digital Fundraising will drive strategy, campaign design, execution, measurement and reporting. S/he will continue to build a “test, learn, and optimize culture” that is donor-centric and driven by data-based decision making. The Lead, Direct and Digital Fundraising will monitor, analyze and report on daily, weekly and monthly tracking of spend, results, and impact.
Measures of success include securing a minimum of $18,000,000 annually, growing active supporter base to over 600,000, and increasing donor participation, satisfaction, lifetime value, and collaborative revenue (championship ticket sales, merchandise, etc.)
Liberty Corner, NJ
What You Can Expect:
- Strategy & Forecasting: Design and execute fundraising strategy, creative direction and financial management (expense and revenue) for direct and digital fundraising programs including membership and philanthropic micro-giving up to gifts of $5,000. Establish goals, growth strategies and measurement metrics for entire program as well as specific audiences. Identify and articulate revenue forecasts, key performance indicators and annual fundraising goals and long-term forecasts.
- Program Management: Lead the modernization and transition of a longtime premiums-based annual membership model to an expertly blended comprehensive fundraising program with a full menu of giving opportunities and channels. Execute strategy for online and offline fundraising focused on acquisition, renewal, reengagement, retention, and upgrade efforts including audience segmentation, customized content and themes, campaign production, gifts acknowledgement, and donor experience journeys. Design and execute a digital strategy including minimum of 20 appeals with real-life stories of beneficiaries per year to drive digital and mobile giving.
- Develop and launch integrated cross-channel appeals to retain existing donors and attract new donors through highly engaging content across direct mail, email, social, and paid search ads. Develop a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving direct mail, digital fundraising and personal engagement. Ensure that messaging is consistent in tone, quality and appearance. Manage the internal copy and creative review process assuring timely input from all necessary USGA stakeholders. Build and regularly update online presence and functionality for digital giving (one-time gifts, sustainer, tribute giving, registry, etc.). Optimize donor experience and journey online including engaging content, monthly surveys and forum to ask questions. Strategize about increasing annual revenue as well as developing programs for donors that deepen their engagement with the Foundation and the USGA. Design and executive paid media and digital search strategy. Inform moves-management conversations to build a robust donor pipeline to campaign, major, and planned giving programs. Engage, demo and select tools and vendors needed to support digital and mobile giving opportunities.
- Analytics & Reporting: Design, build and monitor comprehensive tracking and analytics framework including raw data capture, reporting templates, dashboards and other visual tools. Conduct ongoing testing including price elasticity, premiums preference, and campaign performance to continue to meet and exceed forecast. Develop and test customized messaging and value propositions for various consumer segments. Build champion/ challenger tests and creative rotation and resting strategies to maximize response. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of digital marketing spend and paid search by campaign and targeted segments. Generate and analyze regular reporting of program performance as well as one-time requests. Ensure all documentation is appended in CRM.
- Relationship Building & Collaboration: Foster relationships across the USGA as well as with supporters and contracted vendors to drive increased net income, enhance donor engagement, and build a culture of philanthropy. Manage relationships with consultants and vendors to ensure excellent service, prompt attention, and flawless and timely execution of direct mail appeals and digital marketing campaigns. Collaborate with internal staff and external agencies as needed to shape and evolve online donor experience optimizing the website, landing pages and overall online experiences for donors and supporters. Collaborate with content and IT teams to provide direction for online payment processing, customer relationship management, website content management system, email service provider, online analytics tools, and other related core technologies as needed. Work with legal team to review and approve contracts.
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with at least 7 years of demonstrated success managing large direct marketing programs at a nonprofit, association, or university.
- Experience leading multi-channel, data-driven, multimillion-dollar campaigns.
- Success building robust online giving programs including sustainer, tribute giving, personal solicitations, and managing complex multi-segmented digital marketing campaign.
- Knowledge of current nonprofit fundraising and direct marketing best practices a must.
- Ability to execute annual fundraising plan with timelines, and expense and revenue projections.
- Self-motivation, creativity, and the ability to solve problems; ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent manager of time, projects, and people. Detail-oriented and analytical, but also able to see the “big picture.”
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data and use it to drive fundraising and business decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; experience developing/delivering persuasive communications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of solutions and tools necessary to perform the job, including but not limited to, donor databases, spreadsheet programs, e-mail and digital marketing tools and web applications.
- A passion for and extensive knowledge of golf.
Please click on the following link to apply: Lead, Direct & Digital Fundraising
About the USGA:
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf? From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer