Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The USGA is looking for a Director, Product to ensure that product requirements are translated into product features for a variety of USGA products, including services platform and B2B platform. This includes working with USGA customers, subject matter experts, business stakeholders, other product owners and IT staff to successfully launch USGA products. Additional duties assigned as needed.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Lead and manage a small team of high preforming professionals that are responsible for working with IT, change management, marketing, legal and external customers.
- Develop a long-term product strategy, vision and competitive positioning and potential partnership opportunities for GHIN B2C & B2B offerings
- Drive product features and enhancements across B2C (mobile, web and kiosk) as well as administration portals including, APIs, Advertising platforms, analytics and CRM.
- Provide the intelligence for evaluating potential product and partnerships opportunities
- Manage a framework and nimble process to prioritize and launch product features
- Communicate directly with senior leadership to share project status, and to escalate risks as needed to ensure visibility, ownership, and timely resolution
- Gather and draft business requirements, user stories and product roadmaps in collaboration with the GHIN IT team
- Identify opportunities for improved customer acquisition, retention and messaging with USGA Data and Marketing teams
- Research and act as “go to” with in-depth knowledge of industry trends, competitors, and comparable experiences across the golf landscape
- Identify and recommend digital products and vendors that can potentially enhance GHIN’s digital product
- Be an engaging communicator that can identify, translate and manage key stakeholders’ requests and expectations
- Drive Product best practice adoption in the Product team including user experience and agile product development practices
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience working on any or all of the following: high traffic content-driven responsive site, native mobile application, subscription service, e-commerce or a large-scale data-centric property
- Experience working within or with a sports organization is advantageous.
- Knowledge of iOS, Android and connected platforms marketplaces and guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High analytical acumen paired with strategical thinking on how to solve.
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of successful delivery of projects on time, on budget and high quality
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and organize with different team members spread across departments and organizations
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Knowledge about trends and innovations in product, technology, operational development and monitoring
- A solid understanding of APIs, CMS, Advertising, CRM(salesforce) and mobile platforms(iOS & Android) is required
- Excellent User experience skills is preferred
- Knowledge of the sports landscape is a plus
- E-commerce experience is a plus
Please click on the following link to apply: Director, Product
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer