From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The Director, Partnerships is responsible for the successful integration and ongoing service to the USGA’s corporate partnerships. This role is the lead day-to-day liaison between all USGA departments and functions and its key relationships. The position must identify mutually beneficial opportunities for partner integration with the USGA, establish appropriate financial considerations, understand and mitigate obstacles, effectively communicate internally and externally and ensure (and report against) the delivery of value to the USGA and its partnerships on an annual basis. This individual is a creative problem solver and constructive negotiator who thrives on improving and leading teams and multiple projects across various stakeholders and platforms.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- You will serve as the USGA’s lead day-to-day contact with existing corporate partners to deliver exemplary service and value, including:
- Contractual fulfillment of all elements within each partner agreement (hospitality, print, digital and broadcast media, fan experiences, etc.)
- Identification and negotiation of new opportunities for partners, particularly within their core area of focus
- Management and mentorship of three (3) team members who coordinate planning, delivery, and reporting for individual partners
- Development and implementation of new programs across USGA departments (e.g., marketing platforms, membership)
- Integration of partners at USGA Championships and across USGA digital and social platforms including activation, reporting, special events, etc.
- Cultivation of strong relationships across various teams, agencies, and key contacts
- Thoughtful oversight and influence of commercial use of USGA intellectual property in support of emerging USGA brand vision and PlayBook
- You will lead the evaluation of each partnership to both the USGA and partner. Work closely with partners and their respective agency teams to:
- Define key success metrics for each year of the partnership (for the partner and the USGA)
- Create comprehensive activation and project management plans to maximize value across multiple USGA functions
- Establish tracking methods to capture the relevant metrics and data needed to properly measure the effectiveness of the activation
- Lead ongoing processes and/or meetings to discuss and identify wins and challenges
- Prepare recommendations to show delivery of value and ways to improve and enhance existing programs
Other responsibilities include:
- Collaboration with the USGA’s hospitality sales, marketing, and operations teams for the U.S. Open Championships to secure regional partnerships that elevate the championships in a given region. The oversight of the USGA’s regional supporters will also include management of partner activation in the respective market, as well as support for the implementation of regional supporters at the USGA’s amateur championship (executed by the host clubs) to ensure consistency in packaging, pricing, and execution.
- Liaising with USGA championship and marketing teams to establish a more consistent, integrated approach to the packaging and marketing of the USGA’s championships to corporate companies for their support (e.g., toolkits, clarification of rights, best practices, and templates).
- Monitoring corporate partner and non-partner integration across all USGA championships, including the review of packaging materials and proposals, differentiation of rights and attribution, and approval of ads.
- Serving as a network of relationships and liaison to identify and facilitate other USGA corporate needs and opportunities to add value.
What You Bring to the USGA:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or related field; or equivalent work experience required
- 12+ years of experience in sports sponsorship marketing or account management preferred
- “Passionate problem solver” mindset with experience creating, managing, and measuring multiple complex and integrated projects across several stakeholders and planning cycles
- Demonstrated ability to partner, communicate, and collaborate across multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Excellent relationship and account management skills
- Experience creating, managing, and measuring multi-platform digital and experiential activation programs
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to establish, measure, and analyze results to drive growth and improvement
- Management and development of team members
- Core understanding of the USGA and its Championships
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word required
- Up to 20% travel will be required
Please click on the following link to apply: Director, Partnerships
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer