From conducting the game’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules, to supporting sustainable golf course management practices and curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts, the USGA (United States Golf Association) promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The USGA is looking for a Director, Data Services to partner with the product and leadership teams to help define our API integration strategy and develop a roadmap to support that strategy. Also, to oversee, coordinate the delivery and launch of API and platform tools. The Director, Data Services will also cultivate and build on existing relationships and take over all existing integration agreements to see them through to successful execution.
Liberty Corner, NJ
What You Can Expect:
- Work with the product and leadership teams to help define our API integration strategy and develop a roadmap to support that strategy.
- Oversee and coordinate the delivery and launch of API and platform tools that enable partner product teams to build data-drive products
- Work collaboratively with the Product Team (including developers and architects) to determine optimal infrastructure, architecture, and solution design for digital products
- Cultivate and build on existing relationships and take over all existing integration agreements and see them through to successful execution, while also uncovering new opportunities.
- Solicit input from engineering experts to understand the technical feasibility of potential integrations.
- Partner with product managers daily to discuss functional needs and requirements, understand priorities, and negotiate resources
- Translate partnership opportunities and needs into requirements that can be built by technology
- Partner with numerous cross-functional teams to define and develop pricing strategy and manage execution.
- Monitor and analyze API analytics and reporting
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years of relevant industry experience
- A minimum of 5 years of Integration experience especially with API / web services
- A minimum of 5 years product management experience in agile environments
- Experience with building and managing third parties, including vendor relationships and product prioritization. Being accessible and always cognizant of improving relationships is critical
- Apigee or other API manager experience is highly desired
- Strong development and architecture understanding
- Customer-centric, willingness to deep dive to understand customer needs and business drivers
- Must be able to develop an excellent grasp of the strategic, competitive and economic dimensions of our clients' businesses
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent problem solver and team player
- Proficiency working with the following development technologies/frameworks: .NET, Web API, REST Web Services, MS SQL Server, Microservices, Salesforce CRM.
Please click on the following link to apply: Director, Data Services
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer