Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The UI/UX Developer, a part of the Technology organization, will lead our ever-evolving capabilities in governing and building digital solutions intended to enhance the way people interact with the game of golf. The UI/UX Developer will bring a passion for clean but modern form factors, and a deep understanding of best practices and trends in UI/UX design. In addition, the Developer will also have experience in designing usable and elegant web-based applications that are adaptive or responsive. This person must be able to prototype concepts efficiently to effectively communicate their ideas, validate flows, show interactions, consume feedback, and successively iterate.
The UI/UX Developer will also be expected to work with Project Managers, Business Stakeholders, Technical Leads, Developers and Quality Assurance teams to oversee the UX and UI of a product from conception to launch. Key qualities include attention to detail and excellent communication skills. This person will be expected to present design solutions to stakeholders, team members, and defend design decisions, and incorporate feedback into the design cycle. In addition, we are looking for a person with a willingness to learn and eager to be a part of a successful team which will also include learning how to incorporate UI/UX principles within our standard CMS, Adobe Experience Manager, and be able to make updates and changes single-handedly.
Lastly, it’s expected the UI/UX Developer will create renderings, wireframes, and creative comps as part of the creative workflow while applying user experience best practices to inform the overall design.
The UI/UX Developer will report directly to the Technical Lead of Digital and will contribute to fiscal management, participate in professional development processes, and actively be a team player to elevate the capabilities of the Digital Team.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Work with a small, core of individuals focused on leading, governing, and supporting websites and mobile applications across multiple devices, including the digital properties related to the USGA’s pinnacle event, the U.S. Open. Other work focus is on enhancements to the USGA home website, usga.org, as well as contributing in the initial phases of a Golfer App, Rules of Golf App, Digital Publishing, and Digital Asset Management.
- Partner with external service providers in governing, co-delivering, or leading the design and UX solution efforts depending on the engagement model of the project.
- Ensure delivery of digital design/creative solutions
- Contribute to UI/UX changes
- Create UX standards in coordination with Digital Media and Branding teams.
- Document all assets and leverage existing repositories (e.g. Confluence), as appropriate, for display and feedback.
- Work with business teams including Rules, Green Course, Membership, Museum, etc., on various initiatives
- Work with the Enterprise Application team to understand different processes and methodologies (e.g. Agile) being used across the organization, and how UI/UX will be incorporated into that process
- Analyze trends in the marketplace and new approaches to UI/UX
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A BS/BA or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Portfolio featuring relevant work examples
- Experience working on high traffic, high profile websites
- Experience in building web apps for Responsive Design
- Experience in creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Ability to partner with external service providers in producing or managing results
- Should be proficient in the following:
- CSS, LESS/SASS
- NodeJS, GulpJS/GruntJS
- HTML5, Handlebars
- Wire-framing tools (e.g. Balsamic, Photoshop, Illustrator, inVision, or other visual design)
- Experience working in Agile, Scrum or iterative project management
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Solid customer service and interpersonal / communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Willing to learn back-end technologies – e.g. Java, CMS, etc.
- Experience with Cloud services such as Brightcove and Cloudinary are a plus
- Preferred IDE: IntelliJ
- Familiarity with the game of golf
Please click on the following link to apply: UI/UX Developer
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer