Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The USGA Customer Support position is responsible for providing help to state and regional golf associations. This role is primarily focused on general assistance including but not limited to software support; prioritizing and handling incoming correspondences, calls, and emails; creating documentation; understanding key relationships; strong interpersonal and customer service skills. This role works closely with a team in supporting GHIN customers and USGA Course Ratings application users.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- General support and education to GHIN customers and USGA Course Ratings application users
- Evaluate, prioritize and handle incoming requests and questions
- Assist golf associations in maintaining their association handicap data and member clubs which use the GHIN service
- Assist golf associations in maintaining their association Course Rating data
- Assist in the preparation and launch of new technologies to golf associations
- Participate in testing and verification of USGA applications
- Develop a keen understanding of important relationships between the USGA and other key organizations
- Other assignments and special projects, as requested
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Three years of professional experience
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills – diplomatic, friendly, personable, cooperative
- Able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Able to work independently; reliable and flexible
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Strong mathematical, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills including excel and/or other data analytics programs
- Team player who is also comfortable working independently
- General working knowledge of the game of golf and the USGA Handicap System and USGA Course Rating System preferred
- Experience working at a State or Regional Golf Association preferred
Please click on the following link to apply: Customer Support
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer