Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The Coordinator with assist with the setup of ticket offers and the fulfillment of all ticket orders in advance and on-site. Oversee credential and parking pass production and distribution. Assist customer service staff with handling ticket buyer questions and requests.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Oversee all credential distribution including setting up the online credentialing system, sending out credentialing information, importing data, saving/scanning/cropping photos and printing credentials. Handle on-site production and distribution of all last-minute credentials.
- Coordinate the production of parking pass requirements and distribution to various groups.
- Assist with the setup and daily monitoring of ticket offers and the fulfillment of ticket orders. Research, resolve and follow up regarding any issues. Enter complimentary tickets and approved refunds into the ticket database.
- Work closely with customer service staff on all championship information, advance communications, and customer service procedures. Respond daily and take action on all emails, phone calls and voicemail from current and potential ticket buyers and general spectators. Assist in the interviewing/training of the long-term intern.
- Assist with on-site ticket office during the championships including customer service, on line orders and walk up sales, and Will Call operations. Oversee and train championship interns and volunteers to process sales and Will Call transactions and handle incoming calls from ticket buyers and spectators.
- Help with the production of championship collateral and assist with special projects as requested.
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A BS/BA or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience in ticketing/admissions
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Access
- Accurate, organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and handle many complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to work on-site at multiple championships for an extended time (2 – 3 weeks) as well as travel at other times throughout the year.
- Review procedures constantly to improve process.
Please click on the following link to apply: Coordinator, U.S. Women’s Open and U.S. Senior Women’s Open Admissions
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer