Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The USGA is looking for a Coordinator, Handicap & Course Rating Administration to manage the Handicap department inquiries via email and phone calls, and provide support to the Authorized Golf Associations with the administration of the USGA Handicap System. Maintain department metrics by tracking all inquiries by categories assist with development and support of Handicap education content on USGA.org and USGA University (LMS). Assist with administrative work for annual Course Rating Calibrations (domestic & international) and other educational seminars.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Respond to general inquiries regarding USGA Handicap System, and Course Rating System via email and phone, and monitor the department question folder daily. Create appropriate trend and metric reports for Management.
- Assist with development and support of Handicap education content on USGA website and USGA University – USGA’s LMS including onboarding of new users and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the development of new educational components, drafting of manual and educational material, which services to promote key department initiatives.
- Assist with the organization and preparation of committee meetings, course rating calibrations and education seminars.
- Digital media/internet-related assignments as needed to ensure the integrity of the USGA Handicap System is maintained. Find and identify infringements of USGA trademarks, and notify Manager of any non-compliance issues.
- Assist with handicap department projects as needed.
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Ability to follow systems and procedures with attention to detail
- Initiative and competency to take ownership of specific projects
- Knowledge of the game of golf (preferred)
Please click on the following link to apply: Coordinator, Handicap & Course Rating Administration
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer