Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The Associate Producer, Video Content will be responsible for the creation and distribution of video to be published on USGA digital channels (social media, USGA websites, broadcast, and other digital platforms). S/he must be an excellent storyteller who offers innovative and creative ideas that add value to projects. This position will be a part of the USGA’s Global Content & Media Distribution team, and will collaborate closely with colleagues to determine stories that are worthy of inclusion, including both championship and non-championship news and features. S/he will bring story ideas to the table, take other’s ideas to the next level, and create engaging content that will appeal to a wide audience.
The ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented self-starter behind the camera and in the edit suite, who can keep the USGA’s goals and mission in mind when making decisions. The successful team member understands how to tailor the story to different platforms, including social media, web and broadcast.
Our candidate will have experience working in a dynamic environment and will have strong interpersonal and project management skills.
Liberty Corner, NJ
What You Can Expect:
- To create (write, produce, shoot, edit) video content for social media, live productions, usopen.com, usga.org and broadcast.
- Collaborate with colleagues to determine stories that are worthy of inclusion in video reports, including both championship and non-championship news and features.
- Keen eye and passion for packaging new and historic content effectively to create compelling multimedia pieces.
- S/he will often be responsible for all aspects of creating multimedia pieces, including:
- Concept development and brainstorming, Scripting, Screening, Editorial - picture and sound, making revisions at stages as necessary, “Hands-on" editing of all projects on in-house edit suite
- Work closely with in-house design teams to integrate graphics into spots as needed
- Ability to finish videos for digital output (color correction/balance and sound design/audio mixing) including exports and compressing for individual channels.
- Assist in production in the USGA studio, including: Shoot video content as the sole camera(s), lighting and audio operator, Conduct interviews, and coach subjects in delivery as necessary
- Support content activities on-site at USGA championships and other events
- Execution and management of daily production and post-production tasks, editing and web deliverability to meet required deadlines.
- Media/Digital Asset Management of video and other files
- Collaborate with video vendors and consultants
- Collaborate with video archivist
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent with a discipline emphasizing storytelling and multimedia content creation a plus
- 3 years’ experience in producing, editing and shooting
- Proven knowledge of the entire video production process
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, etc., and have a working knowledge of other broadcast equipment.
- Proficient with ENG cameras, lighting and audio equipment
- A passion for interactive, multimedia storytelling
- Strong broadcast and multimedia writing skills
- Strong musical and audio sensibility
- Must be detail-oriented and maintain high levels of quality control for various elements during productions, editing and final delivery of content.
- Highly energetic, ability to meet ongoing deadlines, who rolls up his or her sleeves to get the job done
- Easily embrace new production technologies.
- Appreciation of the game of golf, especially as it relates to USGA activities and mission
- Ability to travel up to %30
Please click on the following link to apply: Associate Producer, Video Content
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer