Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur and open championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The Assistant Manager, Analytics will be a part of the USGA’s Global Content and Media Distribution (GCMD) team and will manage the analysis, measurement, reporting and forecasting of key metrics for the USGA’s enterprise website, usga.org, the U.S. Open suite of digital products and USGA social media platforms, to name a few. This role will be instrumental in contextualizing data to inform stakeholders, influence strategic planning and ultimately drive business decisions.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Using a combination of analytics tools (primarily Adobe Analytics), this person will prepare, analyze and deliver performance reports that inform content, product and other critical business functions.
- The following is a sample set of reports distributed on a daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc basis:
- Monthly USGA Digital Report
- Monthly Social Report including dashboard, summary and comparative landscape
- Monthly Organizational Scorecard Metrics
- Monthly Top Content Reports for web and social
- Weekly Social Post Engagements
- Championship Specific Reports for web and social
- Update Historical Monthly Metrics
- Create highly visual decks/presentations for the GCMD team that transform numbers into digestible stories and insights to be shared across the organization
- Build site performance dashboards to monitor and evaluate traffic flow, helping the organization gain a better understanding of consumer behavior and user trends
- Analyze content and keyword data to help inform SEO strategy and best practices
- Help to establish KPIs and analytics requirements when planning new feature development for products such as usga.org, usopen.com and the U.S. Open app
- Help document requirements and acceptance criteria
- Participate in QA/UAT to confirm accurate data analytics capture
- Assist in the creation year-end digital recaps for USGA corporate partners
- Provide guidance and analytical expertise to various teams working with third party platforms (e.g. USGA Shop) to help interpret and consolidate data
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of relevant analytics experience; focus on Adobe Analytics and Social Platforms
- Experience with Adobe Analytics; if experience with the platform is limited, training will be required
- Experience with social media analytics tools
- Experience using Tableau Analytics a plus
- Analytical mind with the ability to analyze and interpret data to tell a story and create actionable insights
- Strong experience working in Microsoft Excel & Power Point
- Good interpersonal skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task
- High level of business curiosity
Please click on the following link to apply: Assistant Manager, Analytics
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer