From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The USGA is seeking an Assistant Director, USGA Brand & Customer Marketing who will support both internal and external audiences. This individual champions best practices for the USGA “customer” and our key constituents which includes broadcast, digital, and on-course customer strategies. This individual is an integral member of the USGA Marketing team, working across the organization with all internal functional area owners (e.g. Rules of Golf, GHIN, World Handicap, Regional Affairs/AGAs, Merchandise, Green Section, Foundation, Membership, Resource Management, Research Science and Innovation/Test Center) to instill marketing best practices in planning, project management and execution.
Develop an approach to USGA customer centricity leading them along a “customer journey” that ultimately delivers value to both the end consumer (B2C and B2B) and the USGA
Lead the planning and execution of email marketing efforts across our databases to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
Elevate the brand and reputation of the USGA – driving high levels of satisfaction for all USGA customers
Deliver upon organizational revenue goals (and drive increased revenue over time)
Lead the active implementation of the USGA Brand Identity, Vision & Strategy. Act as the ambassador of the USGA Brand Playbook serving as the primary Project Leader with Creative Services to ensure cross-functional alignment with the visual and verbal direction.
Enter briefs into Workfront, conduct kick-off meetings with project owners, communicate timelines and expectations, and ensure all timelines are established/met, budgets are established/met and projects completed with relevant Senior Buy-In or approvals.
Lead the strategic direction for the USGA Brand across all initiatives, elevating key performance measures including elevated awareness and favorability.
Partner closely with Championship/Ticket Marketing, Digital Marketing and Content/Broadcast to ensure optimization of the championship customer experience.
Lead the Play9 program on behalf of the USGA
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Drive all Customer marketing activity across the USGA functions. Lead the USGA’s customer-centric focus to help create opportunities (channels, tools, processes, etc.) to engage with our customers, to listen and learn, to build segments, and ultimately to shape more meaningful relationships with various customer groups. Work closely with fellow USGA leaders to implement a consumer-centric mindset across all programs and communication channels.
- Drive all Brand marketing activity across USGA functions. Lead the organization’s brand management capability with a specific focus on continued implementation of the USGA master brand vision across all of our programs, initiatives and products. Collaborate with important USGA licensing partners, and manage positive relationships across these priority stakeholders, specifically broadcast, digital, corporate to optimize the positive impact of joint marketing and branded programs.
- Combine Consumer Insights and in-depth analytics to translate into integrated marketing initiatives that capture business opportunities.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE USGA:
- A minimum of a BS/BA degree or higher from an accredited institution, with focus on marketing, communications or business management; sports industry experience, varied computer skills preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in brand marketing or advertising
- Accomplished brand builder with extensive experience leading within a progressive consumer organization that is customer-centric and focused on major events.
- Proven track record of building a brand through sales of products/services, across channels and media, and experience connecting deep customer engagement with business performance.
- Strong integrated marketing mindset; will understand the integration of customer acquisition/retention, brand experience, advertising, social media, PR, etc.
- Experience working in customer centric and data rich businesses where driving customer engagement management (CEM) and overarching customer experience are key components.
- Interpersonal, problem solving, organizational skills; large and simultaneous project planning and implementation
- Positive attitude and the ability to display consistent initiative that reflects creative and innovative thinking
- Team-oriented and versatile with superior communication and management skills.
Liberty Corner, NJ
Please click on the following link to apply: Assistant Director, USGA Brand & Customer Marketing
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer