From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The USGA is seeking an Assistant Director of Women’s Championship Marketing who will Lead U.S. Women’s Open and U.S. Senior Women’s Open brand and ticket marketing efforts with primary emphasis on go-to-market planning and execution leading up to each respective championship. Go-to-market planning includes management of agency partner(s) for both creative development and media strategy (i.e. planning & buying), collaboration with internal communications, content and admissions teams, and ownership of ticket marketing budget.
Serve as the brand steward for the U.S. Women’s Open, U.S. Senior Women’s Open and USGA Women’s Championships to ensure each delivers a consistent visual, verbal and environmental experience for both fans and players on-site during each respective championship.
Liberty Corner, NJ
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Drive ticket sales and increase awareness for the U.S. Women’s Open, building the bigness of the Championship through paid (and trade) marketing efforts, promotions and/or activations to attract more fans and maintain its “No. 1 to Attend” status within the women’s professional game.
- Drive ticket sales and increase awareness for the U.S. Senior Women’s Open, building the bigness of the Championship through paid (and trade) marketing efforts, promotions and/or activations to attract more fans and maintain its status as the USGA’s “boutique” championship brand.
- Deliver an exemplary fan experience at both the U.S. Women’s Open and U.S. Senior Women’s Open through on-site branding, signage and fan activations and programming.
- Support the delivery of an exemplary player experience at USGA Women’s Championships – Girls’ Junior, Amateur, Mid-Amateur, Four-Ball, Senior Amateur – through championship collateral, on-site branding and signage as well as promotions. Partner with the Championship and Communications teams on pre-promotion efforts to drive player applications and overall interest.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE USGA:
- A minimum of a BS/BA degree or higher from an accredited institution, with focus on marketing, communications or business management; sports industry experience, varied computer skills preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in brand marketing or advertising, specifically bringing to market ticketed events or related products, with golf knowledge required
- Interpersonal, problem solving, organizational skills; large and simultaneous project planning and implementation
- Positive attitude and the ability to display consistent initiative that reflects creative and innovative thinking.
Please click on the following link to apply: Assistant Director, Women's Championship Marketing
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer