From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The Manager, Brand Marketing is principally responsible for the activation and implementation of the emerging USGA Championship Brand Identity vision and strategy.
Internally, the Manager, Brand Marketing works closely with USGA Marketing Leadership, Creative Services, Staffs-in-Charge, Championship Managers, and Championship Administration to favorably affect and align the brand standards, visual, and verbal identity of all USGA Championships.
To external audiences, this individual champions best practices for the “customer”. This includes broadcast, digital, and on-course customer strategies. Beyond USGA Championships, this individual is an integral member of the USGA Marketing team, working across the organization with all USGA functional area owners to implement the USGA Brand PlayBook, and instill marketing best practices in planning, project management and execution.
Success will be measured by adoption and assimilation of Brand Standards into each of the championships, the development of clear and actionable marketing programs, on-time and on-budget project delivery, and favorable indicia including improved brand health / reputation in designated areas, and – where applicable - revenue growth.
Warren, NJ 07059
What You Can Expect:
- Lead active implementation of the USGA Championship Brand Identity Vision and Strategy:
- Manage the strategic direction for the USGA Brand across all USGA Championships, elevating key performance measures including elevated awareness and favorability (i.e. the greatest global championships in golf)
- Project manage all key contributors in the successful branded execution of USGA Championships (Staffs-In-Charge, Championship Managers, Host Sites) so they are clear and aligned on how USGA Brand Identity is brought to life within their own respective functional areas
- Project manage any and all creative needs for each of our championships
- Partner closely with Championships, Ticket Marketing and Broadcast / Digital Marketing to ensure optimization of the championship customer experience
- Manage cross-functional implementation of the USGA Brand PlayBook:
- Serve as the Account / Project Manager with Creative Services to ensure cross-functional alignment with the visual and verbal direction of the USGA Brand PlayBook
- Enter briefs into Workfront, conduct kick-off meetings with project owners, communicate timelines and expectations, and ensure all timelines are established/met, budgets are established/met and projects completed with relevant Senior Buy-In
- Support Assistant Director, Brand Marketing in the development of sophisticated marketing plans for functional initiatives of strategic importance to the Association
- Assist with agency and internal project budget oversight
- Additional duties assigned as needed
What You Bring to the USGA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Advertising, or related field required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a brand management function at an established CPG, tech, sports / lifestyle-based brand, or commensurate B2C account management experience in an agency setting
- Background in creative / digital / video output a MUST
- Strong sense of urgency and achievement
- High degree of independent decision making, and capable of teaching / influencing
- Superior organizational, planning, communication, presentation and written skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Proven ability to partner, communicate (both written and verbal) and collaborate across multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Strong desktop / digital / social media skills (Microsoft Office including Excel; Twitter / Google / Facebook)
- Cool under pressure with a consistent attention to detail
- Passion for golf preferred
- Knowledge of the USGA and its full expanse of functions (i.e. Championships, Governance and Service to the Game) preferred
- Some travel required
Please click on the following link to apply: Manager, Brand Marketing
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer