"The Course Consulting Service is a program of service. Its benefits to the individual
club will be considerable. Countless times in the past one little bit of information
from the Green Section has saved a club many times the cost of USGA service."
--Richard Tufts, Chairman, USGA Green Section Committee 1953
The Green Section field agronomists:
- Have more direct contact with golfers and course officials than any other department
in the USGA. They are ambassadors and representatives of the USGA in the field.
- Are the most knowledgeable, respected, and impartial golf-turf consultants in the
world. Backed by the USGA, the Green Section's services provide dependable recommendations
that course officials can count on.
- Have lots of experience - they see many (100+) courses each year.
- Know what to look for when observing the course and checking for problems.
- Ask probing questions to identify symptoms or problems that the course personnel
may not recognize.
- Have seen symptoms countless times and can quickly identify problems and offer the
- Help establish long range plans and preventative maintenance programs to mitigate
- Network frequently with other USGA agronomists for additional advice and suggestions.
- Catch problems early, before they get out of hand, thereby preventing turf loss
and/or large expenditures.
- Serve as a sounding board for ideas.
- Keep up with the latest in research, products and techniques. Information is backed
up by the largest private turf research program in the world.
- Serve as a key communications link between course officials and the golf course
- Write reports that serve as a planning guide and as a benchmark to compare with
- Have only the club's interest in mind and have no financial interest in products
or services recommended, unlike many private consultants.
- Know good specialists to turn to for more detailed evaluation, if needed.
- Have access to the cumulative knowledge of 18 USGA field agronomists who make nearly
2000 visits annually.
- Know that one small suggestion can save many times the cost of the CCS visit.
- Provide our clubs and courses with reports that deliver the only history of changes
in maintenance practices and the actual physical design of the course over time.